JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's called "Capitalism" if they're spending they're own money. In this case they are spending taxpayer dollars (and probably overpaying) so it's called "Gubermint".

I am glad they are buying some ammo. I don't see anything wrong with it. If the market needs more ammo it will appear, maybe not as fast as you like, but it will happen. it's spelled C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M.

"To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years." -http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

WOW!

I agree! One thing that isn't accounted for in the above statement is that in Iraq we (US Forces) were using belt fed weapons that burned through ammo even faster than magazine based weapons. Add in the vehicle mounted weapons. Then add in the operational tempo, which was intensive - a lot of rounds were going downrange every hour. Hard to imagine the DHS "needing" that much ammo. I think that one unintended benefit to the DHS is that every round they stockpile is another round out of circulation, courtesy of the very people who the DHS want to control.

I am glad they are buying some ammo. I don't see anything wrong with it. If the market needs more ammo it will appear, maybe not as fast as you like, but it will happen. it's spelled C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M.

That is not true capitalism. The government is using money taken from individuals for services that the public does not want (or need) and spends it, when it needs more it takes more. There is no profit driven pursuit! For capitalism to occur DHS would have to be providing a service for profit and allocating their profits toward making more profit, not spending money that miraculously appears each fiscal year.

Government competing against the individual is not and never will be "free market", "capitalism" or whatever claptrap you care to invent.

And by the way before you spell out capitalism - read up on it

i took the photo of the 160,000 rounds in the elevator....

they also just installed a 30,000 gallon fuel storage tank..... prepping some might say

8368639954_21526c248a_c.jpg

Investors Business Daily, 2/8/12. This article provides new new information, size and numbers and references the head of Home Land Security (JN) "deleating" critical information from public purchase documets. This is an excellant read.

This has got to get the blood pumping!!!

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." BHO

"To put that in perspective, during the height of active battle operations in Iraq, US soldiers used 5.5 million rounds of ammunition a month. Extrapolating the figures, the DHS has purchased enough bullets over the last 10 months to wage a full scale war for almost 30 years." -http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-21-6-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/

WOW!

I do believe the number was actually 55 million per year not 5.5. That being said DHS is at best slowing the private party purchase of hand gun ammo for at least a month or two. There seems to be an undercurrent that is geared to take this administration through March, which we all know is the month for the UN treaty. I will not be at all surprised if this administration signs it. Negotiations were opened back up with the UN in 2009 at the administrations prompting. The UN would not be pursuing except for that. I can see that that being said there has been plans being made by this administration to gear towards possible marshal law. From military and police coordinated training in urban areas to Fema camps that do not exist. If marshal law is put in place they will be kicking in doors to get guns. It would be likely the administration would ask the UN to bring troops in to help, especially if our military didn't back the move by the administration. All of what has made America strong and proud is being picked apart along with our Constitution. Sad days

MYTH: DHS purchased an unprecedented 450 million rounds of .40 S&W 180gr hollow point bullets in 2012.

FACT: This is a standard five year contract that follows a historical purchasing pattern of DHS. Furthermore, it is not an “unprecedented” purchase by DHS. In fact, it is not even a purchase by DHS but by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Starting in 2003, orders of 50 million and 225 million .40 S&W hollow point ammunition totaling 275 million rounds were purchased. After the expiration of the five year contracts in 2008, ICE purchased an additional 575 million rounds of .40 S&W hollow point ammunition with two separate orders (200 million and 375 million). Now, with the expiration of the 2008 contract, ICE has ordered a maximum of 450 million rounds over the next five years.

ICE is under DHS. Most of their other points make sense.

There is a rule, that a government agency can not return money left over in your budget. You have to spend it. Maybe that is the situation at DHS.
War with NORTH KOREA will make for civilian ammo shortages that you won't
believe.

I can not believe a large stash of ammo is at the VS hospital.
It is against the genetics convention to store munitions in a hospital.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top