JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
clint-eastwood-dirty-harry.gif

Funny, I didn't hear that POS in the background screaming "no, no, no" when the old man was getting his a* kicked.
I was thinking the same thing, seems like it was fine for some guy to get robbed, but heaven forbid he use the threat of lethal force to defend himself!

I have to speculate though, whether it really has more to do with the irrational fear of firearms that most city dwellers are taught. The mere appearance of the gun itself, regardless of who has it, incites panic in their minds.

Many, many years ago I was at a friend's place, and her brother was there. He was a young Michael Moore wannabe (that was her description of him), a rather ignorant, self-righteous sort. I was polite towards him though, had no reason not to be. We got along fine whenever I saw him.

Out of the blue, he mentions that his sister told him that I sometimes carry a gun. I said yes, sometimes; I'm licensed to do so, discreetly and safely. He nervously asked if I had it on me. I said yes. He asked to see it. Nowadays I would say no, but I was younger then, so I carefully pulled it out and made a show of keeping it pointed in a safe direction while I opened the cylinder and unloaded it, pocketing the ammo. He wanted to hold it. Again, I made a big deal of showing him the empty cylinder and how it was unloaded and safe, gave him some very basic safety rules about how to hold it in a safe direction even though the cylinder is open and unloaded, same as I would for anyone who had never handled a gun before.

He was so visibly nervous that he almost dropped it. You'd think I handed him a snake or sweaty dynamite. He shook and shivered as I took it back from him.

I have to speculate though, whether it really has more to do with the irrational fear of firearms that most city dwellers are taught. The mere appearance of the gun itself, regardless of who has it, incites panic in their minds.
A couple years ago I shipped a rifle through FedEx Ground and per their rules, I disclosed it was a rifle.. anyway the woman at the counter was visibly trembling. She was afraid to touch the box! That really blew my mind... I still think about it.

I am not nice to those people ^^^. I appeal to their desire not to be such sniveling bed-wetters.
Almost like they want you to beat the wussy outta them.

Joe

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews