JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this Seattle marked Detonics Combat Master back in 2010-ish when they were still fairly available. I was able to find spare grips (original and a set of Hogue grips that were modified to fit), extra bushings and screws, back strap, and a second magazine that was blued (the one marked 45 Auto). I shot it a little bit when I first got it, but it quickly went to the back of the safe. Now looking at Gunbroker the prices can be north of $3k. I know the history of them, so I'm not that surprised, but... What's a real value of what I have here?

detonics01.jpg detonics02.jpg detonics03.jpg detonics04.jpg detonics05.jpg

Now looking at Gunbroker the prices can be north of $3k. I know the history of them, so I'm not that surprised, but... What's a real value of what I have here?
look up several there and average their selling price.

Your pics look great, those are classic guns now Im not certain Id sell if I owned one.

Well I agree, it's whatever anyone will pay...but definitely north of 2k, depending on the features and where it was made.

They were developed in Seattle under Sid Woodcock from his time with the OSS.

They are great concealed type guns, but are getting scarce and parts hard to find.

One of the original Detonics 'Smiths is at a gunshop in the south Seattle area.. can't recall right off which shop...have talked to him a few times.

My 1911 mentor, Richard Neimer was a 'smith for Detonics and he developed the Janus Scoremaster. When he passed, his tools and leftover Detonics parts found their way to me...I may still have a few parts and some magazines...can't recall what I have left. It didn't take long for word to get around as to who had them...helped out quite a few people with parts over the years.

Here's a Dolt...combo Detonics Combat Master slide, on a Colt Officer frame...

20161119_183900.jpg

He taught me a lot, gave a lot of his time and never charged me...so I pay it forward any time I can...now you know the background of why I offer to fix some problems for free.

Well I agree, it's whatever anyone will pay...but definitely north of 2k, depending on the features and where it was made.

They are great concealed type guns, but are getting scarce and parts hard to find.

One of the original Detonics 'Smiths is at a gunshop in the south Seattle area.. can't recall right off which shop...have talked to him a few times.

My 1911 mentor, Richard Neimer was a 'smith for Detonics and he developed the Janus Scoremaster. When he passed, his tools and leftover Detonics parts found their way to me...I may still have a few parts and some magazines...can't recall what I have left. It didn't take long for word to get around as to who had them...helped out quite a few people with parts over the years.

View attachment 1398539

He taught me a lot, gave a lot of his time and never charged me...so I pay it forward any time I can...now you know the background of why I offer to fix some problems for free.
I love the name Dolt. Thanks for the info. Let me know if you have any magazines, please.

View attachment 1398539

I was lucky enough to fire P4 at the SPAA range when Mr. Woodcock was trying out a socket-head screw front sight attachment. He was running 230 grain ball with sometihng like 8+ grains of Unique through it to test that screw. Great fellow, very personable. As with all who are ahead of their time, they run into limited success.

I had a Detonics for a short bit. Very cool gun! I can't help but think a huge thanks is owed to Detonics for the concealed carry choices we have today. They were leaders in bringing small carry gun designs to the world. Before that it was as simply get a Jframe or figure out how to carry a duty sized gun for the most part. Wish the design was still available.

It looks like a Mark V...serial numbers started at 2000...so yours would be 17,616 down the line...If I recall correctly, production started 1976 or 77
The stainless guns started at CR10000.
I don't remember what the serial number cut off was on the carbon steel guns was however it was no where near 10000.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top