JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What_could_go_wrong.jpg

Aloha, Mark

The older of the two girs is suspected in a previous carjacking the preceding month.
Wtf. So it's clear this is not an isolated incident.

They're just training these kids that there are little to no consequences for their behavior. Reminds me of a lot of the older kids, err... "adults", "peacefully protesting".

-Robert

Wtf. So it's clear this is not an isolated incident.

They're just training these kids that there are little to no consequences for their behavior. Reminds me of a lot of the older kids, err... "adults", "peacefully protesting".

-Robert
In that same regard, I was thinking this morning that she'll be out in 7yrs, at age 21. About what you'd get for 2nd degree murder anyway, but I'm not a fan of lenient sentencing... it's like letting mad dogs out to roam the street in packs and do whatever damage stirs them.

The trend in the current Justice system is not to try minors as adults, which IMO is a big mistake for the reason you stated. I would have liked to see her tried as an adult and given 25 to life in a real prison.... those "ladies" would have chewed her up. My stepdaughter worked as a CO in Idaho juvi, the powers that be took all authority away from CO's, they can't touch or punish the little creeps, not even in self defense during the almost daily physical attacks, and the juveniles now run the place Lord Of The Flies style. Dumb. When they get out, they are real trouble.

I like how the article didn't mention how these scum bags had committed several earlier car jackings.

Now they've been given a slap on the wrist for a carjacking/murder of a poor, hardworking, immigrant.

They get to waltz out of juvie at 21, a clean record, probably saying how THEY are the real victims. Not the man they killed.

7 years in juvie... that's an insult to every honest citizen.

I like how the article didn't mention how these scum bags had committed several earlier car jackings.

Now they've been given a slap on the wrist for a carjacking/murder of a poor, hardworking, immigrant.

They get to waltz out of juvie at 21, a clean record, probably saying how THEY are the real victims. Not the man they killed.

7 years in juvie... that's an insult to every honest citizen.
You forgot to mention how much they will be turning their lives around...lol....I would expect that by age 22 they will be back in the slammer for committing more murder and mayhem.

It's not a "justice" system. It's a "legal" system.
"The Law" and "Justice" have nothing to do with each other.
Totally. Justice is an abstract concept that does not exist in the real world. There is punishment, there is revenge, but there is no such thing as justice. There is no way to make things right after a crime has been committed.

You forgot to mention how much they will be turning their lives around...lol....I would expect that by age 22 they will be back in the slammer for committing more murder and mayhem.
I had to look it up, but a young offender who's gone to juvie for a violent offense has a 64% rate of going back to prison for another violent offense within 8 years. An 83% chance of going back to prison for a non violent offense.

Prison isn't a deterrent. We need true punishment.

I say we should take a page from Islamic Hudud law, be like Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Iraq and Brunei. A murderer or repeated thief gets a hand cut off. It marks them as a criminal and reduces their ability to harm another.

Losing a hand would be a true deterrent.

Under that premise we shouldn't have laws I guess...
Not at all. I'm only saying that "justice system" is a misnomer. Calling the legal system a justice system is like calling a prison a correctional institution. Sounds nicer, but doesn't reflect reality. We need laws, and we need punishment for crime, but let's call it what it is.

Not at all. I'm only saying that "justice system" is a misnomer. Calling the legal system a justice system is like calling a prison a correctional institution. Sounds nicer, but doesn't reflect reality. We need laws, and we need punishment for crime, but let's call it what it is.
I'd hardly call what these 2 little turds received a "punishment". They'll be out in a handful of years and statistically they'll be back inside shortly thereafter. IMO, the opportunity to reoffend shouldn't be available to either one of them.
We've been kind, real kind, to criminals in the hopes that they return the favor. It's proving to be an error in way to many circumstances.
Call it what you want and define it as you wish. Society at large relies on the justice system to meter out justice.
Therfore it's a effing failure.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews