JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not getting rid of my .50AE any time soon. $50 will get me over 150 rounds for it so pretty cost effective to shoot.

DSC_0030.jpg

If you can afford it, and you want it, why not buy it? Never shot a 44, but I have the 50. I've put a bunch of different kinds of stuff through it without any problems. Here are some fun picts at dusk with the 50.

shot1a.jpg

shot2a.jpg

WOW! Where the hell do you find that!?! Last I checked there is only MRI or Speer that make any .50AE ammo and they are about $3 per round...

$96/500 ($0.192/rd) bullets, Rainier LeadSafe Bullets 50 Cal (500 Diameter) 300 Grain Plated Hollow Point
$20/lb ($0.097/rd) powder
$25/1000 ($0.025/rd) primers

$0.314/rd. $50/$0.314 = 159 rounds

So if you were to shoot 159 rounds at $3/rd;

$3x159 = $477 which would buy you everything you need to load and still have money left over.

I can't think of a single practical use for a Desert Eagle in any caliber. Like Morpheus said, get a buddy to buy one, then shoot his and get it out of your system. Or go rent one from a range. Owning a DE, for me, would be like buying a dump truck for a commuter car.

I've only shot one (.44 Mag) and found it a pleasant firearm to shoot, and more accurate than I expected. That said, comfort, style, and function are all personal choice. If you like it and you want one, buy one. At some point you'll be able to sell it/trade it if the novelty wears off or you decide you don't like it as much as you thought you would.

... does anyone else find it just a tad amusing, that Magnum Research (now owned by Kahr), is located in Pillager, MN?
Pillager. Great name for a city.

Roddy Piper "They Live".

The 357 and 44 Mag were just easy to shoot. The recoil wasn't that bad!

Find an the Israeli made IMI Mark XIX, a component system in one platform; with the 44 Mag and 50AE barrel, all in the one box.
Should have 4 mags - two for each caliber.

For that combo, expect to fork out $2500 shekels. Add a muzzle break and trijicons ... then you can enjoy both calibers.
Start flexing fingers and wrist rotations, to handle the 5lbs or so, of weight in your hand(s). Jeesh, an 1847 Walker weighs more.

Now Kahr is making it, you're more likely to find one of the Magnum Research Mk XIX around.

The report of a .50 handgun will bring curious onlookers to your bay ...
Oh yeah, upgrade your hearing protection.

WOW! Where the hell do you find that!?! Last I checked there is only MRI or Speer that make any .50AE ammo and they are about $3 per round...

If your are close to Fife there is a place called SportCo. I believe I saw 50AE by HSM (and I thought I saw BVAC too). If I remember right they were about $48 for a box of 50.

If your are close to Fife there is a place called SportCo. I believe I saw 50AE by HSM (and I thought I saw BVAC too). If I remember right they were about $48 for a box of 50.

I've been buying all my ammo at 'Outdoor emporium' lately, it's the same company, just there Seattle store. Great prices, good brands and a few cute girls there ;-)

I use to have one in .44mag. It did jam every once in awhile, but that was likely due to limp wristing because I'm a weak, cowardly, girly man (those things weigh almost as much as a rifle). Despite weighing more and being semi-auto, it also seemed to kick more than my M29 and 629 does using the same loads. They're a real bubblegum to clear a jam on too....at least if you have as much trouble as I did pulling the slide back.

They're definitely a well made, accurate handgun though. While not cheap, there's nothing else still being produced that's comparable, or they would have went out of business years ago. Desert eagles are without a doubt one of the coolest, most powerful, most over the top, most useless, badass, mall ninja guns ever made, and if you don't buy one, it will likely haunt you till the day you die. They're just that awesome.

Well, I managed to (re)locate thee actual gun I was looking at originally (that got this whole thing started) that sold (traded actually) right under my nose!

And bought it..!
Now it's off to the range on Saturday and make some noise and fire.

enough said, I think Knot.....If and when Magna ported, actually was quadra-jetted, they are very pleasant to shoot. even in 50AE.

would love to have one in 44 mag. they work well as hammers also, when needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top