JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've found myself in an predicament...

Found a DE and really want it!

Now these big ole' hunks of steel are as we all know not particular useful for anything, is as high maintenance as a Victorias secret girlfriend and expensive to feed. The one I'm looking at is NOT an .50AE so ammo is a little more affordable and available, but it doesn't have much OEM stuff, no box, no manual, only one 'real' magazine etc.
But it IS a freakin' Desert Eagle! THEE most recognized gun ever made, and it will make my Dick look small...

Can prolly be wedged away for 800, maaaybe 7...

Yay?

Ney?

I have always wanted a .44 mag Desert Eagle. Tot ally impractical and you might as well be carrying a broadsword. In other words, totally awesome. Buy it if you can get it to $700 and you have the extra money. If you do not have all your firearm needs covered, do not buy the DE. Every time I have enough "gun money" there is something a little more pressing it seems. Very high cool rating. Kip.

I finally got a .50 last summer and it is awesome. I did add a muzzle break to it and that really helped with muzzle climb.

Runs great for me. If you reload it is VERY cost effective. I know I was under $0.30/rd.

I would say if you are even thinking about it, buy it.
Over all the years I have only actually seen 1 Desert Eagle leave the store new or used.That was last week.
I have seen lots of them on the shelves,but never purchased.

The first ones were very accurate too.Don't know if the latest ones are or not.

I have a Desert Eagle XIX in .44 magnum with a .357 magnum bolt/barrel kit and a 10" .357 barrel. I use it for hunting Coyote, as it is easier for me to carry than a rifle, or carbine. Scoped I do not hesitate to shoot out beyond 100 yards. It is a heavy pistol and takes big hands, but as I said I find it easier to carry than a rifle, or carbine ... I'm a disabled old man that likes to get out and setup Coyote ambushes.

For just plane fun, 9 shots of .44 magnum, or 10 shots of .357 magnum from a semiauto is a kick. I use it for a nightstand gun. The recoil is very manageable even with full house loads ... the weight is a plus here.

If you got large paws and the funds, it is a nice addition to ones collection.

I have one in .44 and love it! I bought it just for hunting coast range and it has worked great!!
You can load it up heavy for hunting, and also load it light for plinking.

I have a .357 black and a all chrome .50 ae and all I can say is they are nothing but show pieces. Rarely shoot them but all my buddies can't get over them!! They are wrist breakers I must say in .50ae but my .357 is a great shooter! Will scare a bad guy away that's for sure. Never owned a .44mag though I always planned to. Now I'm older and wiser and have no need for the .44 mag version. But the .357 was my first big money toy I bought as a young man. Everywhere I go shooting I get the wows and lots of looks but they are killers on the pocket book! None the less if you don't own one and want one GET IT!!! Must have for collectors or those trying to compensate for something... :)

DE'gles are great pieces for your friend to buy, you get to shoot a few times without buying it. :)

So find that one collector friend of yours and convince them to buy it. Then buy a box of $50.00 ammo, go shoot it a few times and talk it up so they don't feel so bad for dropping all of that cash.

M

:s0113: Nicely put
DE'gles are great pieces for your friend to buy, you get to shoot a few times without buying it. :)

So find that one collector friend of yours and convince them to buy it. Then buy a box of $50.00 ammo, go shoot it a few times and talk it up so they don't feel so bad for dropping all of that cash.

M

If you like all flash and no substance go ahead and it get one. They are one of the most over-rated, unreliable, and cumbersome guns I have ever seen...but a person wants what they want and desire seldom is logical.

Just My Two Cents,,,,, They should have named it the Desert Turky ! Over engineered and over priced, Go buy Yourself a Ruger Super Redhawk .

Good Shooting

Lindy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews