JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I grew up in Montana, hunted with my father when I was a kid. Spent hours in tree stands and hiking through the mountains chasing Elk. If we managed to get one, we shared the meat with a bunch of my parent's friends.

Something really does not sit right with me about luring an animal out of a protected park and shooting it from a car with a spotlight.

When I was a kid, my neighbor turned out be running one of the largest poaching rings out of Glacier National Park. Foreigners where flown in and driven up to Glacier to shoot Grizzly bears point blank since the park animals weren't afraid of humans. The guy was a scum bag.

This guy just reminds me of that neighbor.

By putting a name to the lion it is sure to create an emotional response from those who survive on feelings rather than facts.

By putting a name to the lion it is sure to create an emotional response from those who survive on feelings rather than facts.
Yea. Vicious man eating predators become warm and cuddly according to the slant the press has put on this.
Mr Dentist has had to abandon his business and home, and is now in hiding - fearing for his life because some animal lover, who never ate a hamburger, might jack him up.

Who is telling the details of the hunt? Whats the source for how the hunt was conducted? From what I have heard theres a WHOLE lot of this story that is a lot like the telephone game. With the source being anti hunters and animal lovers that seam to enjoy the idea of harming this man.

Not me!, unless I win the lottery. Killing lions legally or semi illegally by baiting them out of a protected area is way out of my price range.
Don't understand the emotional attachment to select animals over others but looks like this guy bent a few rules.
I have heard no evidence that the dentist was party to knowingly breaking a rule. He made every attempt to follow the rules. He secured all the proper permits & licenses, (at great expense). He even hired guides. If the guides broke the rules then it's on the guides, not the dentist.

Yep have heard way to many things and they all just do not add up.

I grew up with a next door neighbor who was a safari hunter....he had so many mounts at his place that is was almost scary.....he even had an addition built with a sky light so the giraffe would not hit the roof :eek: this guy had it all and would not even want to think what his collection is worth today.......

Yep have heard way to many things and they all just do not add up.

I grew up with a next door neighbor who was a safari hunter....he had so many mounts at his place that is was almost scary.....he even had an addition built with a sky light so the giraffe would not hit the roof :eek: this guy had it all and would not even want to think what his collection is worth today.......
Yeah, is this a Dentist thing?? I worked as a welder one time for a Dentist that had a Tree Stand manufacturing business. He had Impalas or gazzeles or some odd looking beast heads hanging all around his Offices.

Add to that decades of animated movies giving animals human emotions. We have generations of people that place, in many cases, more value on animal life than human life. I'm not a big fan of game hunting for sport, but I don't condemn those who do. This is so ridiculous I just had to turn off the news. People's priorities are so completely f'd up right now.

Yeah, is this a Dentist thing?? I worked as a welder one time for a Dentist that had a Tree Stand manufacturing business. He had Impalas or gazzeles or some odd looking beast heads hanging all around his Offices.

No he was not a dentist:D Not even sure what he did. I just know he had one hell of a collection of animals.....he even had one that had 3 full size black bears......this guy was just into animals period.....he even had a stuffed Toucan :eek:

Add to that decades of animated movies giving animals human emotions. We have generations of people that place, in many cases, more value on animal life than human life. I'm not a big fan of game hunting for sport, but I don't condemn those who do. This is so ridiculous I just had to turn off the news. People's priorities are so completely f'd up right now.
Ever seen the movie Grizzly Man? That guy had Anthropomorphism problems for sure and he finally got eaten by the Grizzlies for his misguided emotions. His girlfriend fell victim as well.

Ever seen the movie Grizzly Man? That guy had Anthropomorphism problems for sure and he finally got eaten by the Grizzlies for his misguided emotions. His girlfriend fell victim as well.

I haven't see the movie, but I know the story. Yep, a definite issue. I see it in my daughter too. I have to remind her that, while we don't need to abuse or mistreat animals, they are not equal to humans in any way.

When I think of how many humans are murdered in Chicago every week and not so much as a single tear is shed, nor a mournful tweet sent in outrage and protest, I'm disgusted that so many of my fellow humans would weep openly over an animal while ignoring their fellow man.

May be not super cool as far as I'm concerned (big game trophy hunting that is) and there are other considerations like a portion of these fees and liscences go towards conservation, but in reality this is so far down the list of things people should be upset about, it's pretty telling as to the level of intelligence of society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top