JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trophy hunting is not my cup of tea. If you hunt and then consume an animal, that's perfectly fine, if you hunt for conservation or population control - that works too, but this kind of stuff is beyond me.

$50k for a lion?.... chump change.

Montana record paid at tag auction for a Bighorn Sheep is $450k.
( must have been for an area with a known "perfect" ram because the average is ONLY $150k - 180k )

That "experienced big game hunter" Dentist had to have known he was getting a "bargain", and like many bargains do...it turned out to be problematic.

That "gift horse" is a mouth he should have looked in.
$50k is the going rate for lion in Zimbabwe. It has nothing to do with the price of tea in china.

$50k is the going rate for lion in Zimbabwe. It has nothing to do with the price of tea in china.

image.jpg

Maybe we start harvesting human horn....???

I'm just here for comic relief.

$50k for a lion?.... chump change.

Montana record paid at tag auction for a Bighorn Sheep is $450k.
( must have been for an area with a known "perfect" ram because the average is ONLY $150k - 180k )

That "experienced big game hunter" Dentist had to have known he was getting a "bargain", and like many bargains do...it turned out to be problematic.

That "gift horse" is a mouth he should have looked in.
The average is 150k? Um, that's not true. 25k is average for a sheep. 60k for a desert bighorn.

Dutch settlers, called Voortrekkers (the British called them "Boers") moved north to what is now Zimbabwe as the British conquered South Africa. They became the ruling elite there.

There is a serious conflict between the descendents of these Europeans and the native blacks. I suspect that part of this contoversy is rooted in this conflict. A white guide harvesting lions vs. the native blacks who are now trying to work with conservation groups to focus on photo "safari's" to bring in revenue from tourists.

The Dentist is collateral damage in this conflict. He may well have been aware that the guide was doing something illegal. That question should be answered in the aftermath.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top