JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
May be not super cool as far as I'm concerned (big game trophy hunting that is) and there are other considerations like a portion of these fees and liscences go towards conservation, but in reality this is so far down the list of things people should be upset about, it's pretty telling as to the level of intelligence of society.

I am on the same page.....I look at hunting as a way to feed the family and that is it.

But I guess if you can afford 50K to go hunting.......

1. Ron White rocks!

2. Bear Man was an idiot!

AND #3 dentist is most likely a self absorbed egotist who knew exactly what the 'plans' were for this 'hunt' $50,000 dollars is not what one is going to spend on a taking a 'chance' of getting something - This amount was a guarantee and most likely meant laws were going to be bent and possibly broken and I'll bet the dentist was well aware of all the plans. And besides there is no 'Honor' in this - killing a magnificent animal such as a this to adorn your office alongside the other exotic mounts.

The hunter should be afraid. I don't think there is a nuttier group of people then the animal rights freaks. I think they would gladly kill every human if it means the little poop trout has nice, clean water.

What little I know about hunting in Africa, it seems the guides say " shoot that animal. " and the client shoots it. So I really doubt the hunter knew he was shooting an illegal critter. Then again, for a trophy hunter, a well known critter may be better then a unknown one.

just remember..

1 lion > 60 million people in the eyes of the leftist elite.

This dentist is receiving worldwide fallout for a legal hunt. WTF?

It could have been me or you....................
No, it could not have been me because I am not going to pay $50K to "hunt" an African lion that was lured off of a game preserve by strapping an antelope carcass to a car.

Maybe what he did was legal, but it wasn't really ethical and as far as I am concerned it wasn't really hunting either. Using a crossbow on an adult lion?

While i don't see the point or sportsmanship in trophy hunting.
This appears to be a legal hunt on the part of the dentist. He should expect the lesf eaters to be up his anus with death threats anyways, but no way should he be sent back to lawless africa to let the evil American take the fall for guides and landowners doing shady things for money. They knew what they were doing.

Set aside the bunny hugging press and the anthropomorphic attitudes towards predators.
It may be legal, it may have been questionable, and it was most likely cowardly, but mostly, it was stupid.
  1. Hunting like this gives a bad image to all hunters.
  2. Hunting a species that has suffered an 80% decline in its population in 40 years, and will probably be extinct in my lifetime, is even more stupid. Elephants, rhinos, and gorillas too.

I wonder what it's like to be afraid to voice an opinion? (not!)

Experience has taught me that the middle road, pollitically correct, statistical mean - is the non confrontational route. Many people systematically take this route. While others say -"Let me voice my opinion or give me death!". (And sometimes death says - "OK".)

But we are men. We make decisions and live with the consequences. Reality is projected from our thought's.

Yea, I can disect the wide range of opinion's on the Dentist and the Lion matter, but ultimately - it would appear unsafe to comment on politically charged issues. And to what end - I see no logical resolve? Seem's kinda odd that posting on a forum encourages not posting on said forum. This simply re-iterates the definition of insanity.

But today I will pretend I'm the boss, the leader, the ultimate authority, the Holy Grail, The Supreme Commander & Your Humble Servant. I will let it suffice to say that I'm happy as hell I'm not the Lion Shooter. Not because I give a crap, but because the downside is just such a bummer! The DNA programming of the cell is "to survive" - There is no right or wrong, only thinking makes it so.

Rules are rules, and anyone can see - we don't need no animal loving hippies scaring decent folks like you and me............

Thank you for your support and unwavering guidence. You may now light your fireworks.

2d0zrply46.jpg

283790_337558089651573_486656153_n.jpg

I have a client, who's a dentist, kinda funny. He hunts Africa every year. His guide and PH know this guys guide and PH. Well according to the people in the know down there, the lion was kicked from the trib a while back. Who knows though.
If any of you remember the Spider Bull elf shot in Utah? This seems to be a similar situation. Guides get paid to put a big animal in front of the guy with money.
Who's guilty?
Follo the money. 50k for one animal makes people do funny things. My brother and dad hunt Africa. It's not easy but not hard.
No matter what plays out here, this hurts the hunter. A lot. All hunters.
Lions and elephants stir up emotions.
Mule deer do not.
Let's pick our battles...

I have a client, who's a dentist, kinda funny. He hunts Africa every year. His guide and PH know this guys guide and PH. Well according to the people in the know down there, the lion was kicked from the trib a while back. Who knows though.
If any of you remember the Spider Bull elf shot in Utah? This seems to be a similar situation. Guides get paid to put a big animal in front of the guy with money.
Who's guilty?
Follo the money. 50k for one animal makes people do funny things. My brother and dad hunt Africa. It's not easy but not hard.
No matter what plays out here, this hurts the hunter. A lot. All hunters.
Lions and elephants stir up emotions.
Mule deer do not.
Let's pick our battles...

Depends on the mule deer: <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show