JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*** GRAPHIC WARNING - Both of these are pretty graphic (the second story involves a machete). Both cats die and I don't believe the dog in the second story made it, based on the comments. ***

Story #1

This was posted on social media and I couldn't find a link to any story, just the video. But the post said this guy was out bow hunting and ended up getting stalked by what was likely a juvenile cat. He didn't want to shoot the cat but felt he had no other choice when the cat started to move on him.

Story #2

And in this one, the cat goes after a man's dog and he responds with a machete. The cat and the dog both died. It's a sad but good reminder that if you have pets...or small children...and live/hike in Mountain Lion country, that things can go bad real quick.

I had seen the first video.
The second one looks like it ended pretty brutally.

The first video was 15 seconds to long. I would not have hesitated.
Yeah I feel bad for every creature involved in that second video. That really sucked. If he had a gun he might have saved his dog. But it looked like the cat latched onto its throat almost instantly.

Yeah I feel bad for every creature involved in that second video. That really sucked. If he had a gun he might have saved his dog. But it looked like the cat latched onto its throat almost instantly.
I was thinking about what I would have done. Point-blank heart shot? Hard to get a clean headshot when your dog's head is in the cougar's mouth.

I had seen the first video.
The second one looks like it ended pretty brutally.

The first video was 15 seconds to long. I would not have hesitated.
He was way braver than I'd have been. Beautiful cat but it didn't look like it was trying to scare the guy off. It looked like it was figuring out its best line of attack.

I was thinking about what I would have done. Point-blank heart shot? Hard to get a clean headshot when your dog's head is in the cougar's mouth.
I like that. 3 in the boiler room and then strategic shots after as needed. Spine or shoulders if there's still no head shot? Although closing on an angry cat would scare the dickens out of me.

Well if you ever find yourself in the position of the dude that filmed that second video, for the love of God and all that's holy, put your damn phone down and DO SOMETHING!

Yell...Scream...Lay on the horn...Drive your vehicle at the cat...Step out of your truck and yell at it or throw something at it...SOMETHING!

And maybe I'm not understanding the situation since we don't really get to see much of the guy who was filming...and I'm not saying he should have put himself in harms way...but it sure seems like he could have done a bit more than sitting there filming it. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews