JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had kind of a weird one yesterday. Had an amnesty SBR come back on 3/28. Yesterday morning got a notification that it was denied due to the paperwork not having the correct serial number and attached instructions to reapply. Anyone ever heard of a denial after an approval? I tried calling but gave up after too long on hold.I resubmitted the paperwork so we'll see what happens.

Had kind of a weird one yesterday. Had an amnesty SBR come back on 3/28. Yesterday morning got a notification that it was denied due to the paperwork not having the correct serial number and attached instructions to reapply. Anyone ever heard of a denial after an approval? I tried calling but gave up after too long on hold.I resubmitted the paperwork so we'll see what happens.
Interesting. They must have a second person review the paperwork? Kind of surprised they have the manpower for that. Or maybe it was someone entering the info into their database that caught it instead of a second person reviewing.

Sounds like you just got denied. Where's the "approval" part coming from?
From an email stating my application was approved along with the digital tax stamp attached also stating approved. They sent a tax stamp and then two months later sent a similar email but with a denial.

From an email stating my application was approved along with the digital tax stamp attached also stating approved. They sent a tax stamp and then two months later sent a similar email but with a denial.
May be a stupid question but are they for sure for the same firearm?

Does the SN on the form that you received with your stamp match your actual firearm?

You resubmitted, you'll get a clear answer this time

Yeah, it was an email form 5320.1 sent with approval and the same "pursuant to final rule 2021R-08F". You are correct, there was no "stamp" however the same paperwork that comes with a stamp once NFA items are approved so pardon my nomenclature. The one from end of March was approved, then the same Permit/Control Number was Disapproved. The S/N matched the uploaded photo so I don't know.

What do you mean by "the digital tax stamp"? My 'amnesty' approval had no tax stamp at all, just an approval 'pursuant to ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F'.

This might be what happened; you weren't supposed to get a stamp.
That sounds like the most logical reason. Someone screwed up, as the ATF often does, and the OP received an incorrect type of approval. Then they come back and try to correct their mistake, but since the ATF has absolutely zero customer service no one knows what the hell it means when they screw up. That and you need a masters in telekinesis to understand their ruling.

Not necessarily "someone screwed up" Initially, it is probably "some thing"
What ever the subject, look for increased confoundedness in all aspects of bureaucracy public and private as AI continues to be used. Health care, taxes, hiring processes, banking etc. are increasingly scrutinizing and making decisions on your life sans human review. Many things like whether or not you get audited to whether your medical care will be paid for, are now made by computers. Likely your denial also. Finding someone alive to listen to your grief or make correction is becoming increasingly challenging.
When the recording says the next available operator will take your call, there's likely only one person, if your lucky, and their in the bathroom. The best part of it all is there is no accountability as they increasingly claim computer was down /fault / error/ new program/ whatever.
Its is not going away!

That sounds like the most logical reason. Someone screwed up, as the ATF often does, and the OP received an incorrect type of approval. Then they come back and try to correct their mistake, but since the ATF has absolutely zero customer service no one knows what the hell it means when they screw up. That and you need a masters in telekinesis to understand their ruling.
More like a masters in bullschitology…..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top