JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a democrat. Usually. As many politicos have learned to their sorrow, there are substantial numbers of 2nd amendment supporting democrats. And we have this consistent disconcerting tendency to cross party lines and vote single issue whenever our gun rights are threatened. ARs aren't my thing, but I'll never vote for banning them. And I'm a good bit beyond 21. But if I hadn't been able to buy a handgun when I was 20, I would probably be dead now.

It seems every once in a while, many urban oriented democrats need a reminder from their 2nd amendment supporting constituents, a reminder in the form of just quietly voting them out. Looks like now is time for another reminder.

Last Edited:
Yes, I'm a long way past 21 also. Purchased my first firearms when I was 18 and have never harmed anybody with them. It was very good that I had them a few times tho during troubles with motorcycle gangs and the mob.

I'm recalling that many restrictive gun bills were killed by "common sense" Democrats. Maybe that's what we need more of since "common sense" gun laws don't work in any way the makes sense at all.

The senate changed the rules (nuclear option) to requiring a simple majority for SCOTUS nominees - the portion of your remark that I referred to, not overriding vetoes. The House are uninvolved in justice approvals.

Yes. In Oregon we actually have many more gun rights now then when I moved here 30 plus years ago. Back then it was impossible to get a concealed permit in most counties. And cities could pass their own very restrictive gun laws. Then sensible people worked out a compromise. Gun people got "must issue" for concealed permits and state preemption for gun laws. Gun haters got background checks and waiting periods. Concealed permit holders are exempt from waiting periods. I don't like the background checks, but they are less important to me than having the right to carry legally. Up until then, legal self defense with a gun was pretty much limited to home defense only.

I very seldom call a woman a witch, but when I do, the woman is usually Nancy Pelosi.

Here is a photo of her casting a spell:

pelosi3642956-1280x720.jpg

How on earth could the Democratic Party keep her as one of their key leaders in the Congress for so very long???

I'm a democrat. Usually. As many politicos have learned to their sorrow, there are substantial numbers of 2nd amendment supporting democrats. And we have this consistent disconcerting tendency to cross party lines and vote single issue whenever our gun rights are threatened. ARs aren't my thing, but I'll never vote for banning them. And I'm a good bit beyond 21. But if I hadn't been able to buy a handgun when I was 20, I would probably be dead now.

Its a pretty bad issue I know first hand, as it took me years at at 55 it only been a few years that I realized sometimes we are causing more harm then when we group all Dems under all causes.
Same as those for Gay rights, many Republicans are that way but you wouldn't know it to hear Democrats talk about how we ( republicans view everything).

Last Edited:
I very seldom call a woman a witch, but when I do, the woman is usually Nancy Pelosi.

Here is a photo of her casting a spell:

View attachment 453987

How on earth could the Democratic Party keep her as one of their key leaders in the Congress for so very long???

because she's been very effective, presumably. Old male reps aren't expected to look good. Why should an old female rep have to? As for me, I wouldn't have voted for her because of her being such a fanatic gun grabber. But she's from California, where gun grabbing goes over better, not Oregon. I'm proud to have Peter DeFazio as my (democratic) rep. I once went to a town hall meeting at OSU that was full of anti gun people. And when they asked DeFazio about his gun beliefs he came down strongly pro 2nd amendment, and could not be made to waffle or appease. You had to be brave to be pro 2nd amendment in that crowd.

If you look at the senate map for 2018 election, it's clear the democrats will be facing one of the toughest midterm elections for them in decades. Them winning the senate is almost laughable. Sure it's possible, but if the economy keeps doing well they don't stand a chance.

For the House I haven't read enough about each individual district to have an opinion. All I care about is the senate because we really, really need to keep control over SCOTUS appointees.

Yes, I'm a long way past 21 also. Purchased my first firearms when I was 18 and have never harmed anybody with them. It was very good that I had them a few times tho during troubles with motorcycle gangs and the mob.

I'm recalling that many restrictive gun bills were killed by "common sense" Democrats. Maybe that's what we need more of since "common sense" gun laws don't work in any way the makes sense at all.

I don't think they have common sense anymore with the exception of Betsy Johnson. They are on the take and operating in a mob mentality running on hate of anything they perceive to be normal or rightwing .They constructed a atmosphere of pick a side . I've never seen things this way .it' like the late 1960s with Hitler thrown into the mix.

So answer me this....

Are we hearing the vocal minority here, and elsewhere, regarding additional gun control?

If so, when will the concerted and organized opposition to liberal erosion of citizen's right going to be heard?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews