JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
:angry:Now i'm pissed again the peoples vote dosen't mean bubblegum why the **** did i even spend the time to vote in the first place.
for those who don't know what 960 is it was ment that the house senate votes on taxes needed 2/3rds to raise it.we the people voted that they would have to abide by it. well they just voted to suspend the peoples wishes so they can hike the taxes up. this just sucks. ya ram a couple of stadiums down our throats a couple years back after we voted no and now we are in debt? hmm bet we wouldn't be if you guys would of listen to our wishes the first time. sorry guys for all the ranting and sorry if it doesn't make much sense but i have had it. i'm writing and calling everyone possible and will be at any organized event to protest this.
rant off for now but there will be more.

:angry:Now i'm pissed again the peoples vote dosen't mean bubblegum why the **** did i even spend the time to vote in the first place.
for those who don't know what 960 is it was ment that the house senate votes on taxes needed 2/3rds to raise it.we the people voted that they would have to abide by it. well they just voted to suspend the peoples wishes so they can hike the taxes up. this just sucks. ya ram a couple of stadiums down our throats a couple years back after we voted no and now we are in debt? hmm bet we wouldn't be if you guys would of listen to our wishes the first time. sorry guys for all the ranting and sorry if it doesn't make much sense but i have had it. i'm writing and calling everyone possible and will be at any organized event to protest this.
rant off for now but there will be more.

Never stand in the way of a progreeeeesive and his ideals. He'll bulldoze you under in a blink....to set you free.

I was writing my reps on HB 3176 (another tax hike bill) and was told the real issue was the repeal of the 2/3 majority vote on tax hikes. My sources were correct, first get rid of the 2/3majority law, THEN raise taxes.

All "D"'s behind their names...
2ESB 6843 Repeal of 960
2/3rds vote for tax increase
Senate vote on 3rd Reading & Final Passage
2/9/2010

Yeas: 26 Nays: 23 Absent: 0 Excused: 0

Voting Yea: Senators Berkey, Brown, Eide, Fairley, Franklin, Fraser, Gordon, Hargrove, Hatfield, Haugen, Jacobsen, Kastama, Keiser, Kline, Kohl-Welles, McAuliffe, McDermott, Murray, Oemig, Prentice, Pridemore, Ranker, Regala, Rockefeller, Shin, and Tom
Voting Nay: Senators Becker, Benton, Brandland, Carrell, Delvin, Hewitt, Hobbs, Holmquist, Honeyford, Kauffman, Kilmer, King, Marr, McCaslin, Morton, Parlette, Pflug, Roach, Schoesler, Sheldon, Stevens, Swecker, and Zarelli

What was particularly disturbing is that the ammendments by the "R"'s were all dismissed/not approved. They included such items at 'notifying the electorate about tax hikes', allowing the electorate to vote on tax hikes, etc.

This is touted as 'temporary'. Right.

Sorry to all the 'D's on this forum, but I'm not hearing about cuts, only increasing taxes. Gregoire's 'cuts' speech was followed by her saying she had to comply with state law but she's not about cuts so obviously after she submitted her budget she had no intention of following it and she made that point clear.

Looks like the Assault Weapons ban was just to throw us off the scent!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads