JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Prozanski.jpg

Contact Your Legislator | Oregon Outdoor Council

Prozanski.jpg

Here is a chess play for you. Start a recall petition. Rook threatens Queen!

It's ironic, isn't it? Public Policy Polling does a poll here, and in Colorado, that shows "people want background checks"
Colorado and Oregon are fairly similar (One major city, few medium sized cities, lots of smaller towns. Varied geography, etc)
Three senators lost their job in Colorado for pushing thru their bills... three senators on this committee who are for the Oregon bill....

what, oh what could the future hold!?!?

Edit: And now the Colorado senate is awash in bills attempting to repeal the bills they "passed" last year.

Last Edited:
It's ironic, isn't it? Public Policy Polling dose a poll here, and in Colorado, that shows "people want background checks"
Colorado and Oregon are fairly similar (One major city, few medium sized cities, lots of smaller towns)
Three senators lost their job in Colorado for pushing thru the bills... three senators on the committee who are for the Oregon bill....

what, oh what could the future hold!?!?
THIS is a parallel that should go in an email!

I'll see if I can find a link to the actual poll sometime, but here is PPP's " <broken link removed> " from Sep. 11, 2013.
Expanded background checks for gun buyers had 68/27 support among voters in the district, reflecting the overwhelming popularity for that we've found across the country.

Too strong, or not strong enough? I put "78% of Oregonians agree with SB 1551" in the subject line to give it a better chance of being read.
Senator Prozanski,

I am contacting you as an Oregon resident to tell you to be mindful of which bills you put forth and support. The highly biased, leading and flawed poll by Public Policy Polling shows that Oregonians support your travesty of a bill. Are you aware that the same company did a similar poll in Colorado and found similar results with PPP reporting that 73% of Colorado residents supported background checks for private sales? How did that end up for 3 of the bills supporters? In many respects Oregon and Colorado are similar. Both have citizens who are responsible, independent and thoughtful, both have one major city, a few medium sized cities and many smaller towns, and both have State governments lead by Democrats.

As Chairman of the Senate Judiciary, I am told that it is not illegal for you to tell anyone, including your supporters, of your plans to hear any particular bill before you tell the rest of the committee, but it is HIGHLY unethical to say the very least. You disgrace the political institutions of this great state by following these base behaviors. While I do not believe that the Democratic Party endorses these types of actions, their silence does point to complicity. If your bill cannot stand on its own merit in the light of day it should NOT be heard or considered in the first place.

I will send the same to Roblan and Dembrow. I think Roblan may be the most receptive to this and susceptible to consequences. I could be wrong as I don't know a whole lot about him or his district.
I am contacting you as an Oregon resident to tell you to be mindful of which bills you support. The highly biased, leading and flawed poll by Public Policy Polling shows that Oregonians supposedly support the policies that are in SB 1551 which is a travesty of a bill. Are you aware that the same company did a similar poll in Colorado and found similar results with PPP reporting that 73% of Colorado residents supported background checks for private sales? How did that end up for 3 of the bills supporters? In many respects Oregon and Colorado are similar. Both have citizens who are responsible, independent and thoughtful, both have one major city, a few medium sized cities and many smaller towns, and both have State governments lead by Democrats.

I am told that it is not illegal for the Chair to tell anyone, including his supporters, of his plans to hear any particular bill before he tells the rest of the committee, but it is HIGHLY unethical to say the very least. He disgraces the political institutions of this great state by following these base behaviors. While I do not believe that the Democratic Party endorses these types of actions, their silence does point to complicity. If his bill cannot stand on its own merit in the light of day it should NOT be heard or considered in the first place.

Send messages to everyone you know who may live in his district.

I don't know if you actually need to submit (when is he up for re-election?). Just make them sweat.

But a constant, steady stream of different individuals showing up and inquiring at the front desk about how, what forms, etc. Eventually it will make the rounds of the water cooler....

But nothing like a recall effort to get the message out for free. The media love this kind of thing and would be all over it!! People who vote and would not normally know about the Senator would hear about the recall and wonder if he deserved another term in office.

That is true, some who might otherwise listen may not when they realize that elections are coming up. At any rate, we cannot afford to do nothing. Something must be done. I think the last thing to say when calling his office or either of the other two who supported the bill in the work session is to ask what the number is for information on recalls or something like that. Enough people saying that will grab attention right where it counts.
Send the pdf or a link to the pdf of the recall rules that ocarolan posted above when you send an email.

In a Poll (I conducted myself) the vast majority of Oregonians want Prozanski out of office.

How many signatures would it take?

How many attend our gun shows each year for a starting place?

Would all signatures have to be from his district, his actions affect us Statewide.

I know the guys in Colorado met with an attorney to get things rolling, maybe Kevin could advise on this?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top