JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CHL since 1991
FCC license
Only person in the USA with my name
gave my social
Have been approved in the past to pick up at the Jail and manage an inmate work crew by myself all day and drive them back in the evening
Dept of Ed school buss license
I have bought a fire arm at least one every two years for the last 40 years never taken more then 20 min and that was during an election rush.

Delayed for 62 days until I got my State Rep to look into it and then it got cleared up in a couple days

State Police had at sometime in the past investigated a 1981 driving while suspended arrest (bench warrant for failure to appear) because they said they could tell if it was a felony. Then another unit that should have up dated my records didn't. Except 2 years ago I bought a pistol at Sportsman Warehouse and it took like 6-10 min for the BGC.

There is no telling what will happen.

Just wish I had talked to the State Rep before the lawyer would have made the rifle $400 cheaper.

I ordered a pistol and went to pick it up and of course spied another pistol that I could not live without and yea instant approval on a dual purchase .

I stopped at a bimart to buy hunting tags last year and while I was waiting I say the SCCY 9mm on sale. Bought it and background was instant. So far I've never waited more than 10min.

Haaaaa just crazy to think i bought a glock on sunday and was done in 20 min. Have always been put to top of list. Maybe i made my ss number unlegible is what i think may of happened.

I always wonder if my name will go through state background enough that someone there goes "ok, he has a problem. Let's make him wait a bit"

The first step in recovery . . . .

I always wonder if my name will go through state background enough that someone there goes "ok, he has a problem. Let's make him wait a bit"

The first step in recovery . . . .
Def in recovery haaaa last yr my new rule was if i buy one i gotta sell one. Now i really gotta want somthn to let anything i have go.

So, I am a 07 FFL and 99% of the time CHL'S are instantly approved, or at least go to the head of the line. CHL holders are supposed to go to the top and wait minimally for approval. If You are LE and don't have a CHL, You get put in the Que. I have had a couple CHL holders go thru the Que. I have asked OSP, and they will not give Me a answer for the reason. I will say that I have seen some of non CHL holders get instant approvals. Based on percentages, maybe 5%. Usually a unique name. will do it.
Just My 2 cents.

I have never had to wait more than 2 minutes for approval. I just chalked it up to my 15 years of deep background checks working at nuclear plants across the country and the naval shipyard (PSNS). Could just be lucky.

So, I am a 07 FFL and 99% of the time CHL'S are instantly approved, or at least go to the head of the line. CHL holders are supposed to go to the top and wait minimally for approval. If You are LE and don't have a CHL, You get put in the Que. I have had a couple CHL holders go thru the Que. I have asked OSP, and they will not give Me a answer for the reason. I will say that I have seen some of non CHL holders get instant approvals. Based on percentages, maybe 5%. Usually a unique name. will do it.hile
Just My 2 cents.
Maybe i wrote sloppy and my ffl entered wrong spelling or number? Just grasping at straws, just frustrating is all. I gave him my chl so maybe i wrote my ss number sloppy or something, but the last 15 or so i have done was 20 min at most

It is possible that The FFL put Your input in the FICS system incorrectly. But, not likely. If He/She did put in wrong info, there will be a error that comes up in (red) That shows the information is entered Wrong and not according to records on file. It is based off Oregon DMV records. So, if You moved, or have multiple propertys, leases, ect. That could be the cause.

It is possible that The FFL put Your input in the FICS system incorrectly. But, not likely. If He/She did put in wrong info, there will be a error that comes up in (red) That shows the information is entered Wrong and not according to records on file. It is based off Oregon DMV records. So, if You moved, or have multiple propertys, leases, ect. That could be the cause.
No recent moves or anything like that, just my lucky day i suppose. Hopefully i will get before summer

i got a buddy that sends me guns constantly and im always doing BGC's on him and he always scoots to the front of the line line with his CHL. I dont think buying X amount of guns in X amount of time has anything todo with it.

I guess I've been lucky. I've purchased dozens over the years and never had to wait more than an hour. I think all but two purchases were instant. One was almost an hour wait. The other about 20 minutes.

Those two times I was thinking I had instant approvals but the store owner just wanted me to walk around the store and buy more stuff. LOL.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top