JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody else have this happen? Bought two pistols and am number 5047.. bought a pistol sunday and was 4th in line and was done in 20 min. No luck of the irish today lol.
I wonder if it's because you bought two pistols? I understand there is extra paperwork for ffl to fill out but I didn't think it would impact background check wait times.

Last Edited:
No clue, just dumb i have to wait prob a month to get them out of ffl jail. If i was buying 1 or 3 it shouldnt make a difference.
I agree and I am just guessing that might have nothing to do with you being thrown to back of the queue. I would be interested to hear from other CHL holders who have bought multiple pistols on one 4473 and whether they were also thrown to the back of the queue?

Take my experience for what it's worth. I've been selling firearms through and ffl for 4 years. I've seen people with chl's get put in the cue. I've seen people foreign born with green cards get instant approvals. I've seen retired secret service and cia get thrown in the cue. I've also seen people buy 6+ firearms on one transaction with no chl get an instant approval. I wish I could come up with a concrete pattern. But as far as I can tell it's incredibly random. The ONLY 3 things that APPEAR to help are chl, hazmat endorsement on your CDL, and healthcare/educational workers all seem to get instant approval 98% of the time. Take that for what it's worth.

Take my experience for what it's worth. I've been selling firearms through and ffl for 4 years. I've seen people with chl's get put in the cue. I've seen people foreign born with green cards get instant approvals. I've seen retired secret service and cia get thrown in the cue. I've also seen people buy 6+ firearms on one transaction with no chl get an instant approval. I wish I could come up with a concrete pattern. But as far as I can tell it's incredibly random. The ONLY 3 things that APPEAR to help are chl, hazmat endorsement on your CDL, and healthcare/educational workers all seem to get instant approval 98% of the time. Take that for what it's worth.
Thank you for posting this, just wanted to see if this was something that just happens. Thank you all for the help/info.

It's seemingly random. I waited a week apiece last year for two rifles. Last month I bought two handguns at one time and was 3rd in line. I've had a CHL the whole time.

So.....I wonder what would happen if I drove a biohazard waste truck for a medical school with a CHL....... :s0153:

You would just get to walk behind the gun counter, examine the selection like it is fresh produce at the grocery store, and then proceed to use the self checkout for your desired firearms! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top