JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The
Read the story linked... it would seem that the weapon was non-deadly in this case. But effective in stopping the attack.
The Oregonian would never give proper credit to anyone who fought off an attacker or defended himself with any kind of weapon. They maintain that you have higher moral grounds if you let someone attack you. Afterall, the attackers are likely a disadvantaged class and it's your obligation to bend over backwards for them.

The

The Oregonian would never give proper credit to anyone who fought off an attacker or defended himself with any kind of weapon. They maintain that you have higher moral grounds if you let someone attack you. Afterall, the attackers are likely a disadvantaged class and it's your obligation to bend over backwards for them.
After all, they're just trying to get their life back together! :rolleyes:

Just saying that a knife is considered to be a deadly weapon.

Yah, I know.

IMO, he would have been justified in shooting if he had an EDC, since he had two attackers and was being kicked while down (a kick to the head is legally the use of deadly force) but in Porlandia that would never fly of course.

You think the DA will find some way to charge the defender with use of a deadly weapon? Or carrying a deadly weapon?

Asking for a friend. ;)

Just say no to Using a knife as a primary defensive tool.

I know I preaching to the choir here. But its worth the PSA.

I agree. But it's Portland... no carry... uh uh, no! Bad enough he had an edged "deadly weapon"!!!

But say the guy is a felon from a drug charge, can't have a firearm... carry a knife or no???

OK that's it....Lets start registering knives.... issue ccw permits... background checks.... when that's all finished we are going to do bows and arrows next... oh and lets not forget pencils and bb guns... I read somewhere they can be dangerous too.... I say good on the victim for defending himself... I am 83 and have carried a pocket knife most of my adult life... When the big "Uncle Henry" knives were popular carried in a pouch on your belt I had those too...I can't wait to get the info to register my knife.... geeeze!!!!

Already on their way in the UK...

Bin.png

What does the cookie monster have to do with concealed knives or screw drivers?
And what an absolutely moronic ad campaign: only cowards carry. Do they really think one single criminal will be shamed into giving up their weapons? What a f-ing joke! Only the naive don't carry.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top