JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have projections for deer population in Eastern WA for the upcoming October - November 2020 season? Several factors may have increased deer population in Washington
1. less road traffic equals substantially less road kill
2. mild winter in 2019 - 2020 leads to higher populations
3. As a result of the pandemic the deer season was late. This has resulted in less deer taken
I know its hard to determine just how much these factors have impacted the overall deer population in Washington State but there must be some advance numbers. Any thoughts?

Not sure about Eastern Washington, but we saw a *lot* more fawns when we were in the Olympics last week. So, maybe that's a good sign overall?

Of course, given my (poor) hunting skills, the deer population could double and I'd probably get the same number of deer...

I heard there was a blue tongue outbreak that seriously impacted populations. I know I've been commuting to work the same route for 6 years and had close calls with deer at least once a week in years past. The past 8 months or so, I haven't seen a single deer. Seen a couple of moose...

But, once at work, I've seen more deer on our property than in years past, so... :s0153:

Not sure about Eastern Washington, but we saw a *lot* more fawns when we were in the Olympics last week. So, maybe that's a good sign overall?
Same here. After the bear(s) left, the deer and rabbits have been teeming around here....I may not have to go any farther than the back porch this season! ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews