JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know the law about hunting in private land. I just came across a very good opportunity to buy into a 40 acre piece of land for cheap. Current owner is in distress and forclosure is imminent, and is offering me a sweet deal. I am curious if it is legal to hunt deers even if it's not deer season. I mean if a buck is trespassing on my property, can I shoot him? ;)

Does anyone know the law about hunting in private land. I just came across a very good opportunity to buy into a 40 acre piece of land for cheap. Current owner is in distress and forclosure is imminent, and is offering me a sweet deal. I am curious if it is legal to hunt deers even if it's not deer season. I mean if a buck is trespassing on my property, can I shoot him? ;)

NO that is known as pouching its is a big no no you will get a fine possible jail time and other hunters will hate you and turn you in.

i think if the deer are doing damage to crops you can get a special permit but the deer have to be turned over to DFW

you can however hunt them legally buy buying a hunting permit and tag during hunting season like the rest of us you will be allowed 1 legal tag per person of legal hunting age for buck and can apply for doe

besides if you start a killing spree on your land and wipe them out game over they wont be coming around anymore thats why its regulated and there are seasons

now i just noticed your in WA im in OR but im am 99.7% sure its the same

Thanks eldbillbo. There are no crops on the property so no damage will be done. It is still a sweet deal and I don't mind waiting for the season to open. In the meantime, scouting will make waiting more fun and hopefully lead to more success.

Hmmmm... how cheap is "cheap"?? ;)

cheap (to me) is around $600 per acre. in Chelan County, Wa. Prime recreational grounds. Lots of flat land to build on or just take a camper to and camp out. bordering state land that is abundant with mullies and white tail and some bears. but i am more interested in deer protein for myself.

Sun - thanks for your input. I'm not a member of any native american tribe nor is the land in or near a reservation, but good to know.

Chelan County is where it's at!!

This is what America is supposed to be- Clean cheap abundant energy(hydro), no tract housing(or not alot anyways), no huge local gvmt up your ***, no extensive and overly complicated permitting process with long waits, fresh clean air, and local elected officials who know that gun rights go hand in hand with protecting the constitution.

cheap (to me) is around $600 per acre. in Chelan County, Wa. Prime recreational grounds. Lots of flat land to build on or just take a camper to and camp out. bordering state land that is abundant with mullies and white tail and some bears. but i am more interested in deer protein for myself.

Sun - thanks for your input. I'm not a member of any native american tribe nor is the land in or near a reservation, but good to know.

$24K for 40 acres... seriously? Any more available??? :s0001:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads