JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my dedicated AR-22 out this weekend & my son did not want to give it back. Man, they are a hoot! If you have not shot one, you really don't know what you are missing. We blasted over 500 rounds and killed many clay pigeons and cans and it cost me less than $20! My rifle has a Tactical Solutions M4 Upper on a CMMG lower w/ a Trijicon Mini Red dot & USGI MaTech BUIS. Wicked fun!

I'm going to have to buy my son a S&W M&P 15-22 now that they are putting flash hiders on them. That way I will get a chance to shoot my new toy.

Mine was pretty reliable right out of the box. I had a few FTF, but I was shooting el-cheapo & dirty Remington Golden bulk ammo. Cleaning was a snap w/ the stainless bolt. It is a quality set up the looks and feels like my LMT M4. The only minor issue is that TacSol & Spikes uppers do not like notched hammers (not an issue for me since my DPMS lower had a rounded hammer). I like the TacSol over Spikes because it did not have the big white lettering on the side of the receiver. They both are quality pieces that function well.

I ended up getting a Sig 522 as my fun .22.
I may end up getting a .22 upper too so more people can shoot at the same time.

How do you like the 522? Thay look like a pretty cool plinker; I'm still not sold on the plastic fantastic M&P15-22. Is the 522 made like a Airsoft rifle like the Colt?

Is the Sig 522 made in the US? I also does not come with sights. The optional Sig Red Dot is generally considered junk, but I'm sure it would work on a .22 LR rifle.

How do you like the 522? Thay look like a pretty cool plinker; I'm still not sold on the plastic fantastic M&P15-22. Is the 522 made like a Airsoft rifle like the Colt?

Most reviews I've read have complimented the 522 build quality and overall quality. The upper is aluminum. Some question the folding stock mechanism's longevity.

I would probably buy one but the lack of iron sights or the ability to cheaply add iron sights bugs me.

I put a Bushnell Trophy 1x32 on mine - about $150.

Build quality seems pretty good. Feels solid and has some heft to it.
I really like the simplicity of take down, as .22LRs always get fouled quickly.
It's very accurate and seems like it's going to be one that I'll keep. Looking forward to taking it east for ground squirrel season!

I put a Bushnell Trophy 1x32 on mine - about $150.

Build quality seems pretty good. Feels solid and has some heft to it.
I really like the simplicity of take down, as .22LRs always get fouled quickly.
It's very accurate and seems like it's going to be one that I'll keep. Looking forward to taking it east for ground squirrel season!

Lets see that scope. I just put a Bushnell 3-9 X 40 on mine, I will eventually get a 1-4 power scope on my .223 and would like to have gotten something that would mimic that, but couldn't find anything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top