JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No more FTF. A few duds but it was cheap mixed ammo. Accuracy seems pretty good but information on that is limited bc I test fired at an indoor 50' range. Once I got scope zeroed made a ragged hole except when I wasn't doing my job.
Nice one! A good reliability add-on for a dedicated is one of those buffer plugs to keep positive pressure on the bolt.... that is... if you''re running it with a buffer and spring vs. one of the dedicated bufferless stocks.

Between the family we run several drop-in convesions as well and it's a great upgrade for those, too. I dunno if they are still available on ebay, but at one time a few people were selling 3D printed versions for less than half the cost (5 bucks shipped) of the borebuddy plug. So far they've held up just fine.

Have fun!

Last Edited:
Here it is. I traded an extra cmmg barrel I had for some parts including a stripped lower so now my upper lives on it's own spare parts bin lower. Magpul OEM SL stock and grip (in Sniper grey, as if that matters) Anderson lower, cheap-a$$ mil-spec LPK (ar-15 discounts), Aero slick sided upper, milspec charging handle with Bore Buddy CH insert (stops ejected brass from getting stuck), CMMG bolt cannibalized from Bravo conversion kit with RTB barrel collar, Bore Buddy bolt buffer, bolt weight, buffer plug and CMMG 16" barrel (m4 only bc thinner profile out of stock), completely unnecessary milspec flash hider, and Nordic components 12.5" free-float handguard. Primary Arms 3x9 classic series scope with basic PA mount (PA mount is actually great for a $15 mount if you aren't heading into combat or LE on patrol).

Runs well on RTB/CMMG magazines. An S&W 15-22 is cheaper, but only by about &100-$150 if you've got some extra parts.

IMG_0904.jpeg

Here it is. I traded an extra cmmg barrel I had for some parts including a stripped lower so now my upper lives on it's own spare parts bin lower. Magpul OEM SL stock and grip (in Sniper grey, as if that matters) Anderson lower, cheap-a$$ mil-spec LPK (ar-15 discounts), Aero slick sided upper, milspec charging handle with Bore Buddy CH insert (stops ejected brass from getting stuck), CMMG bolt cannibalized from Bravo conversion kit with RTB barrel collar, Bore Buddy bolt buffer, bolt weight, buffer plug and CMMG 16" barrel (m4 only bc thinner profile out of stock), completely unnecessary milspec flash hider, and Nordic components 12.5" free-float handguard. Primary Arms 3x9 classic series scope with basic PA mount (PA mount is actually great for a $15 mount if you aren't heading into combat or LE on patrol).

Runs well on RTB/CMMG magazines. An S&W 15-22 is cheaper, but only by about &100-$150 if you've got some extra parts.

View attachment 1425749
Nice one! Yeah.... mags I find can be complicated. I've noticed just enough variations in magwells that the fit and function does vary. I try to do a test fitting for the mags I prefer to run and that's not always easy accross multiple platforms. Seems to work pretty good though if you already know what you plan to run.

I like black dogs the best, but unfortunatly those only run well in the dedicated rifle. They won't even fit in other magswells without modifiction. I kind of knew that going in and sized/fit the lower before building it out. They run the best out of all the ones I've tried. On the other hand, one of the drop in rifles... they only eat cmmg stardard mags.

All "can" be modified but... really only in the rifle it was modified to fit.

I was never much a fan of the mfg dedicateds. Some just feel too much like a toy rifle. My favorited dedicated got a little spendy with all the bore buddy kit. I "tried" the economical route, and it still sports a $30 cheapo handguard (and that was the everyday normal price) and some other stock spare parts kit, but... the main function innards did add more than I initially intended. Sure shoots nice though.

If you run across a deal on any of the old CMMG magazines and don't like the gray color. It's easy to take them apart and dip the shells into a warm pot of RITZ fabric die. The black works great and the plastic sucks it right up. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top