JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Whilst traveling on the web, I came across this picture of Dave Schilling, the World War II fighter ace.

media-377446.jpg

According to what I read on the American Air Museum in Britain site, it is a heavily modified M1911A1: fore-grip, 21 round magazine (3 magazines welded together), and converted to full-auto. American ingenuity at work.

Anywho, I found it interesting, and figured other history fans would too. Cheers.

Last Edited:
I blew up the picture looking for trigger scallops. I wanted to see if it was a 1911. Or 1911A1?

But you cant see that area of the gun. Instead there is what looks like a trigger device?
It's also just below the slide stop. And made me wonder if the gun was not converted to fire full auto as an open bolt, with the slide normally locked back?

Just weld the firing pin in place [No hammer necessary]. And manipulate the slide stop to initiate and stop fire. ;)

media-377446 (2).jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads