Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Das Rottweiler

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Quacky88, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Quacky88

Quacky88 Oregon Active Member

Hey guys looking around the forums I think it's safe to say there is some fellow dog lovers here so I thought I might be able to take advantage of some local knowledge on breeders in the area. I'm looking for a good Rottweiler breeder in Oregon. I'm located in Eugene area, but considering this Addition to the family is a serious investment I don't mind driving a few hours. Excited to hear what you guys might know.

2. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

There's a lot of dogs at the humane society looking for a good home. Just sayin'...

Modeler and Mbeef61 like this.
  3. Quacky88

I hear that Billy... But being that I have a young son and family I'm more inclined to get a young pup with good genetics at 8 weeks so my son can grow up with him and have as a loyal protector for many years as I remember having as a Youth. Things that's are be it possible but few and far between in aforementioned society and pounds alike.

4. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

in other words your a dog bigot..

5. Quacky88

Abso-freakin-lutely ...;)

6. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

A lot of grown dogs won't have anything to do with you and will actively try to run away to find their previous, long time master. Lots of working dogs (German Shepherd dogs, GSD's) are like this.
    I think he's being realistic.. not everyone wants a hippy yellow lab.

soberups and Quacky88 like this.
  7. MarkAd

i love pushing buttons. LOL!!
    I know precisely what he is saying. I am considering another rott for my pack right now. My last rottie owned me and she loved every minute of it. I still miss her.
    And just what is wrong with a yellow lab?

8. Quacky88

I hear you Mark, thats what I want. A dog that leaves a foot-print in my family's life as a loyal companion and member of family. I love labs and retrievers as well, but I agree they are a bit liberal or "Hippie-Like" with their affections and loyalties albeit great companions, but my Wife and I have our hearts set on a Rottie...

9. Certaindeaf

There's nothing wrong with a "what I said" in that/my context.. all dogs are good. period. But if someone says they want a rot and you go all snotty off the bat by saying they're a bigot.. nevermind. perhaps just shut up.

10. MarkAd

certaindeaf, your reaction is just what i thought someone would do. Shutting up is a good thing. Perhaps you should since you missed the joke, which now seems to be on you.....

11. Certaindeaf

Well no. And touché !.. "just what I thought.."! lol. what a bigot