JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just installed Redtiger dash cam on my wife's car. Decent little camera both front and rear. Much better than the ones I have in my other cars. Dash cams these days are a lot more advance compared to just couple of years ago.

Link to Amazon $130

Edit: any dash cam is worth it. They came in handy on 3 occasions. Twice my cars were hit, once I recorded a dude run a red light and t-bone another vehicle.

Been using them for a couple decades. As romulas said get one, any one, they can save your butt. I run two up front set at angles so you get a wide view. If you want front and rear its easy to buy one that has both or just get two and run one both ways. I have LONG used Amazon as the great part is if you get something that does not work its free and easy to just get your money back.

Despite my disgust with both Amazon and products made in China, that's the way to go here. Read the reviews. I've had good results in the past by avoiding anything with more than 10% one-star reviews. I make exceptions to that when a lot of the one-stars are people who clearly don't know how to use the product. If you see a few complaints about memory issues or SD card problems, move on. These issues are a huge pain in the butt when you're on the road.

If you do a lot of night driving, there are some dashcams that perform well in low light and many that don't.

A bigger SD card is a great idea. Both times I've captured important dashcam video, I left the camera running to catch any interesting activity after the crash. I didn't have to worry about video getting overwritten if I left it on for an hour or two.

On long trips, bring a phone or tablet that you can transfer the video to, either by the SD card or by cable - some cams make it easy to transfer by cable and some don't. You may want to practice transferring the video when you have plenty of time to figure it out.

If you park on-street a lot, some cams can be set to use motion detection when the car is turned off.

I have been researching the same question on YouTube and Amazon and I need to buy one. Amazon Prime Days will occur soon and if you are a member that will be some of the lowest prices of the year, a good time to buy.

Man it just figures...

I got rear-ended today on Sylvan hill coming home from work, sure would have made good video..šŸ˜–

20220620_144629.jpg

Quick update on the camera I've mentioned in my first post, had a chance to download and review the videos today. Excellent video quality for the front camera, the rear is not as clear (lower resolution) but still better than the other 2 cams I have. The LCD monitor on the front dash cam shows you both views, rear and front, however the videos are saved as separate files. I have another dual camera that saves 2 angles as one video and the quality is absolute sŠ½iт. The manufacturers app that, in theory, should allow you download videos to a smartphone directly from the camera is also sŠ½iт. Not a deal breaker for me though. Overall happy with the purchase. Take it as you will.

I got one of those back up and dash camera -rear view mirrors. Yeah my vehicle wasn't equipped with a back up camera (from the factory). The cost wasn't all that much (check at Amazon) and I got the GF's son-in-law to install it for another $100.

BTWā€¦.. I like my GPS and camera NOT built in. Yeahā€¦.try getting them "fixed".

Aloha, Mark

Quick update on the camera I've mentioned in my first post, had a chance to download and review the videos today. Excellent video quality for the front camera, the rear is not as clear (lower resolution) but still better than the other 2 cams I have. The LCD monitor on the front dash cam shows you both views, rear and front, however the videos are saved as separate files. I have another dual camera that saves 2 angles as one video and the quality is absolute sŠ½iт. The manufacturers app that, in theory, should allow you download videos to a smartphone directly from the camera is also sŠ½iт. Not a deal breaker for me though. Overall happy with the purchase. Take it as you will.
I have used an SD card for transfer on most of mine. The controls and screens are crap on most of these. For video quality, it used to be that a specific Sony video sensor was what you would look for. I don't know what version number they're on now, but I'll bet Sony is still blowing everything else away.

I got one of those back up and dash camera -rear view mirrors. Yeah my vehicle wasn't equipped with a back up camera (from the factory). The cost wasn't all that much (check at Amazon) and I got the GF's son-in-law to install it for another $100.

BTWā€¦.. I like my GPS and camera NOT built in. Yeahā€¦.try getting them "fixed".

Aloha, Mark
A replacement GPS unit for my car is something like $700. I can get a whole phone for that with GPS, a camera and all kinds of other crap on it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top