JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had a neighbor tell me to stop by yesterday and he had to show me he bought back a Dan Wesson multiple barrel setup he sold to a friend like 20 years ago! He has the original box and the 2", 4" , 6" and 8" barrels. Hadn't seen one of these in a LONG time. Needs a little TLC but in pretty good shape overall.

.. but did it have the belt buckle?
Some unseen force must be drawing old DWs back to thier original owners.. Im gifting my DW .357 back to my Father in law for christmas this year... he sold it to me in a time of desperation years ago and has been wanting it back ever since. I'll be on the lookout for a replacement. Good thing most don't realize how good they are and the price is still much lower than a comparable SW.

The only thing I found interesting about the DW guns was the ability to adjust the Barrel to Cylinder Gap and the amount of pressure that could be applied to the Barrel by the Sleeve. I didn't think much of the internal workings because there wasn't much that could be "Pistolsmithed". It was what it was and nothing much could be done to make it better and they certainly weren't the Internals of a Colt or Smith and Wesson. Both of which I consider to be Superior to the DW.

I know the idea was that a LEO could carry the same Action on duty and off by simply switching Barrels but that idea was truly a flop. Since after working all day pretty much all a LEO has in mind is to be somewhere else and not to be swapping out Barrels.

Didn't know they came with a belt buckle and didn't see one. This one appears to have been shot a lot or didn't have very good cylinder lockup from the beginning. Kinda loose.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top