JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I would venture most of you dont know about these guys, I didn't. They are a small manufacturer that is producing several thousand Bolt carrier groups a month for various gun manufactures and builders. I dont know who uses his bolts but if you look at the pictures on a bunch of web sites you can get a pretty good idea I think.

Anyway, He has some really nice quality stuff for pretty small bucks on his site, Much cheaper than if you buy it with someone else name on it. He has run some specials on demo's or seconds that where really smokin deals.

He also has just put up DPMS pattern .308 bolt spare parts kits and even spare bolts. The only place I am aware of that is doing spare kits for the .308

Anyway seems like a great guy and a great company

http://www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

If you zoom in on the far right image on the Bolt Carrier Group page, the bolt has very visible dents and machine marks on it:

upload_2015-3-10_23-17-44.png

Yes it is a judge of machining skill or lack of......atleast tool sharpening and changing ability and if that's the one they want to offer for pictures to be looked at by perspective customers I wouldn't want to see the ones they aren't presenting for customer inspection

I just bought a bunch of his spares, and I am almost positive he built several of the BCG's I have bought from other venders.

Just for giggles look at this.

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-ultramatch-308-bcg

http://www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/p18/AR10_Bolt_carrier_Group.html

No doubt in my mind he is building these for Rainer. Look at the specs and materials used not to mention the flute that runs down the side. Even the wording in the description matches

The front of the carrier is different. How many different ways can you describe a BCG.

Well since IronMonster invited me to the party. I'll comment on a few things that stand out.

If you zoom in on the far right image on the Bolt Carrier Group page, the bolt has very visible dents and machine marks on it:

View attachment 218513

That image is from quite a while ago. Coming from an Industrial Engineering background, we're always working on improving our machining methods.

Never Trust a website that doesn't have contact info.

There's plenty of contact info available. I do a majority of my business through wholesale, so there's an email address available on the site or the contact form can be used. On most days, I can typically reply to all email inquires within an hour or two.

I was inspecting more pics, definitely looks like piss poor machining on the bolt lugs.

I'm curious what mechanical advantage a bolt would have by having a finer finish on this area of the bolt?

yeah, the Rainier is three face facet and the guru carrier is two face facet

It's not that hard to make some changes to machine two facets vs three. Just saying ;)

Some images that I snapped a few minutes ago from newer bolts in the shop.

20150311_182653.jpg 20150311_182801.jpg 20150311_182823.jpg 20150311_182919.jpg 20150311_183055.jpg 20150311_183117.jpg

Looks good to me, I'd like a quality spare BCG, so order in. Thanks iron monster and D.Wilson.

Regards

Bill

Now I wouldn't go that far. I'm just a normal guy like everyone else.
Well that's good to know, I get intimidated by super hero's

I know you didn't come to get picked at so I'm not picking but I am curious about your opinion on something

I know the main drivers for using 9310. I am not opposed to 9310, done right . I have been burned bad by 9310 done wrong

Can you "generally" describe the hardening process the 9310 is going through?
I know it has a narrower temperature window than c158 and as I understand it matters when its done when using QPQ for a finish

thanks for your time, and hey you already have a better Like per Post ratio than you friend who came and told on us for smack talking your BCG, which you have to admit none of us were wrong.......no worries

Told on you? I figured the guy had a right to respond to your accusations and defend himself. And as far as "BCG Guru" its simply what it says on his AR15.com profile.

<broken link removed>

Im not making stuff up as I go along here....

There's plenty of contact info available. I do a majority of my business through wholesale, so there's an email address available on the site or the contact form can be used. On most days, I can typically reply to all email inquires within an hour or two.

Where ? I searched didn't see any contact info, other then the form which is worthless( not just yours , any websites).
Could not find email, phone number, address. Any website that didn't have this info is suspect.

OK , I did find in the upper right hand this tiny little envelope, which doesn't work if you don't a have a email client install on your computer.( who does that anymore, this isn't the 90's). Why not just list it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top