JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just as an interesting aside, because I am a metal nerd

Weights per cubic foot

Aluminum 160 lbs
Gold. 1205 lbs
Iron. 450 lbs
Lead. 710 lbs
Inconel. 550 lbs
Mild steel. 490 lbs
Titanium. 221 lbs

And the grand daddy

Platinum. 1413 lbs per cubic foot, almost three times that of iron

Another side note. We think of concrete as heavy and aluminum as light, yet a cubic foot of concrete actually weighs a little less. Around 150 lbs per cubic foot.

Ok, enough nerd for today.

Last Edited:
That...Depends on what kind of ~Concrete~ You making Reference to!!!!

~~~~~ Concrete Nerd!!!!

philip

I have worked Gunnite, in "Zero Degree" weather, in the SNOW! That is what happens when your company is a Sub Contractor on a big scheduled project!!!! We added enough Calcium, that we were Walking on the Bond Beam, in a Half hour!!!! We sprayed, first shaped right behind the hose, and Second (final) Shaped just behind the first shaper!

philip... Oh, that was in Federal Way, up in Washington... Also did an Olympic Sized, in Marysville: the batch plant was a new one for us, ordered the 9 Yarders to Start coming.... The first one dropped 2-3 Inch Rocks into our machine... I yelled to the hose man, shut the pump off, he came up...
Inspected what is SUPPOSED to be Only 3/4 Minus at the largest, told the driver the order was NOT GUNNITE, and to leave... Driver had never seen a gunnite hose man MAD.... the issue for him is simply LIFE or DEATH, at the end of the hose.... Have a good day, one nerd to another!!!!

That...Depends on what kind of ~Concrete~ You making Reference to!!!!

~~~~~ Concrete Nerd!!!!

philip

I have worked Gunnite, in "Zero Degree" weather, in the SNOW! That is what happens when your company is a Sub Contractor on a big scheduled project!!!! We added enough Calcium, that we were Walking on the Bond Beam, in a Half hour!!!! We sprayed, first shaped right behind the hose, and Second (final) Shaped just behind the first shaper!

philip... Oh, that was in Federal Way, up in Washington... Also did an Olympic Sized, in Marysville: the batch plant was a new one for us, ordered the 9 Yarders to Start coming.... The first one dropped 2-3 Inch Rocks into our machine... I yelled to the hose man, shut the pump off, he came up...
Inspected what is SUPPOSED to be Only 3/4 Minus at the largest, told the driver the order was NOT GUNNITE, and to leave... Driver had never seen a gunnite hose man MAD.... the issue for him is simply LIFE or DEATH, at the end of the hose.... Have a good day, one nerd to another!!!!

OK, I'm pretty sure I understood almost half of that... :D

Inconel is insanity in metal. It's like 20% more dense than steel and has a melting point that is something like 30% higher. It is also insanely expensive. They build nuke reactors bits and jet engine parts out of the stuff. Anything that has to be incredibly strong at high temps.

Don't forget muzzle breaks as well

picture-12-25-tm.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top