JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been trying to exercise a little more and in doing so I have really taken a liking to riding my bike again. I used to do long bike rides when I was in my teens 50 to 75 miles on a trip.

I thought about commuting to work now on a regular basis as a way that I can acheive my goals of riding more oftem but I am stuck as to what would be a good concealed carry for this.

I am throwing this out to the board as to what your recomendations would be.

I use a small fanny pack designed for concealed carry with one of my smaller guns, rotated around to the 3:00 position for comfort. I like having it on my body as opposed to just on my bike in a bag.

I also bike commute. I got a small nylon zipper bag (looks like a calculator pouch) that I attached to the shoulder strap of my backpack. I carry a small .32 revolver in it. There is no printing and it matches my backpack, totaly concealed.

I've wondered about this topic too. How could a guy carry on a bike and still have the gun accessable if needed? I think the best way might be to have the gun strapped to the bike itself but I don't think that's legal.....Strapped to your leg/ thigh open carry would work but that's open carry and not concealed.

the bag I put on my backpack works like a chest holster only it doesn't look like a holster. It is easily accessable and concealed at the same time. Lots of bike riders use Camelback water packs, would work just as well.

+1 for the fanny pack.

Okay, some fashionistas might criticize a look that was painfully lame even at the zenith of its popularity. But it's simply the only way I've found in summer attire (not that yellow spandex stuff) to have reasonably quick access to a concealed firearm on a bicycle. In a backpack it's behind you, inside something you have to take off. Anywhere else on a bike is open carry.

As a longtime MTB rider (since about the time fanny packs hit the scene), I've bounced off the ground more than a few times, sometimes requiring a dab of neosporin on one hip or the other. So, for me, a side carry is out of the question. I just go with the "codpiece" carry right in front. It means hiking the belt up in back and high over the hips while I'm on the saddle, but the dork-meter was pretty much pegged when I strapped in anyway. I carry small revolver-size cameras on bikes, and arm up probably 25-30% depending on the ride. The point is, I've never bumped or scratched either in any sort of mishap.

Remember, it takes 2 hands to get a pistol out of a fanny pack with any speed, so that's another reason I wear it in front. Not sure if they're designed for right handers, or just luck of the draw (really, no pun intended), but using the left hand to yank a zipper across from right hip to left seems fairly natural, leaving the right free to stabilize and draw. So if you're ever in a store choosing between a port or starboard zipper, try a couple on to see what feels right. You'll probably notice that cheap zippers with tiny tabs are sh*t, too.

Pop off a couple Zoolander quick-draws and make sure your tactical fanny pack is going to perform efficiently when things get urgent. At least until Mossberg starts making bike frames.

Not a big fan of back packs on bikes myself.I like the weight to stay with the bike not shift with me.

So how about one of those messenger packs? Or those "tacti cool" ones that were on here a month ago?
That way you could just pull it in front when you need it.

Oh and fanny packs are that silly when you are on a bike.There are some that have "break open" features for easier accessibility.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top