JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most folks who work up custom loads are the owners of the guns themselves.

What might be a 'custom load' in one rifle might shoot like a lawn sprinkler in another identical gun of the same brand and type.

tac

Most folks who work up custom loads are the owners of the guns themselves.

What might be a 'custom load' in one rifle might shoot like a lawn sprinkler in another identical gun of the same brand and type.

tac
I know there are people out there that work up loads for others. The person ships their firearm so it can be used in the process.

In that case, please send all your guns to me. I'm sure to get around to working up custom loads for them all - might take me a couple of deer/bear/moose seasons, mind.....:)

On a more serious not - can you not ask the owner of the guns in question to get onto the forum and ask his questions hisself?

Quite often, having somebody in the middle, no matter how well-intentioned, can lead to misunderstandments happening, especially in something so important as ammunition.

tac

There are a few folks around that do custom hand loading. Taylor made just to that rifle.

Not everyone is into reloading, but understand that custom hand loaded rounds are the way to get the best accuracy.

I know most of the trials and tribulations of having handloads made. I am looking for someone to do it, and at the risk of being an bubblegum, I don't need all the other advice.

Guys, This was simply an ask for recommendations for good hand loads, not attitude, please keep it civil, we WANT folks to ask questions and ask advice! My own advice is look for Custom Norma PH loads. For a factory hunting load, They are one of the best! Another would be Lapua custom! From there, seeking out a person willing to develop a hand load or three would be the next step! If I lived in Orygun still, I would be able to help, but alas, I cannot! It would be a good idea to have the rifles in question available for this! Good luck to you!

Emmet, do you mind filling us in on what "300 magnum" you are referring to? Winchester made 2 back in those days and it was common for guys to also ream out the H&H to make WBY's out of them. There were also those that re-chambered the grand ol 30-06 to 308 Norma and 30-338 magnums. I can understand your willingness to have someone custom handload for those rifles if they are chambered in hard to find cartridges like the Norma. I know I've been to the gunshow's in Portland and saw the vendors offering "custom" tailored ammo. Here's a company that custom tailors handloads to each individual rifle. You do have to be willing to send the rifle to them though:

<broken link removed>

It would be far easier if you or your buddy handloaded ammo yourselves, but if it is your prerogative for someone else to handload for the rifles, I'd give these guys a call.... Hope this helps a bit, as I don't know exactly what it is you are looking for. I, myself, could work up any load you wanted and for what ever purpose you desire. But wouldn't want to assume liability, as I'm sure no one else here would either. Good luck with your search.

Odd that before I understood what ladders were and why I loaded up a crapload of 7mm mag in FC brass with Nosler 120's, CCI LRM primers and 63.5 g's of 4350. Best groups I've ever shot in my entire 40 some odd years of pullin the trigger. Later, when I understood working up loads for any particular rifle I wanted to move that load from IMR to Hodgdon (even though its the same company) because I heard H4350 was way less temp sensitive so I duplicated everything and worked up a ladder. Guess where it came in ?!?!??!!?!!

Odd that before I understood what ladders were and why I loaded up a crapload of 7mm mag in FC brass with Nosler 120's, CCI LRM primers and 63.5 g's of 4350. Best groups I've ever shot in my entire 40 some odd years of pullin the trigger. Later, when I understood working up loads for any particular rifle I wanted to move that load from IMR to Hodgdon (even though its the same company) because I heard H4350 was way less temp sensitive so I duplicated everything and worked up a ladder. Guess where it came in ?!?!??!!?!!

Buddy, I get that. I still love it when guys say you HAVE to have a chronograph to work up loads too. When I started out, I had no chronograph and always worked up excellent loads. I've worked up some of my most accurate loads without a chronograph. But that can't be done if you ask some of these new generation handloaders. Here's a load I worked up for my CZ550 American in 9.3x62mm. I also used this load during a cow hunt and it worked great:

I later chronographed this load. Or should I say my friend insisted he chronograph the load and it pizzed him off when he saw the numbers. He asked, "tell me again what you do for a living?". I asked "why". He said, "because you just made an aeronautical engineer look pretty stupid!!!" "Your SD's are way lower than anything I load".....:eek: . I said, "oh ok"...:p

IMG_0583_zps9d3614f8.jpg 1118120922_zps51f9790f.jpg

Emmet, do you mind filling us in on what "300 magnum" you are referring to? Winchester made 2 back in those days and it was common for guys to also ream out the H&H to make WBY's out of them. There were also those that re-chambered the grand ol 30-06 to 308 Norma and 30-338 magnums. I can understand your willingness to have someone custom handload for those rifles if they are chambered in hard to find cartridges like the Norma. I know I've been to the gunshow's in Portland and saw the vendors offering "custom" tailored ammo. Here's a company that custom tailors handloads to each individual rifle. You do have to be willing to send the rifle to them though:

<broken link removed>

It would be far easier if you or your buddy handloaded ammo yourselves, but if it is your prerogative for someone else to handload for the rifles, I'd give these guys a call.... Hope this helps a bit, as I don't know exactly what it is you are looking for. I, myself, could work up any load you wanted and for what ever purpose you desire. But wouldn't want to assume liability, as I'm sure no one else here would either. Good luck with your search.
I am sure Joey reloads, but it is a bit of work to do I suppose. Thanks,so much for your response. If you are asking it is a 300 Win Mag I believe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top