JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know, I thought about that and know they are superior to the Rem 700 action as far as outright accuracy. I guess its just me, always been a Remington 700 type of guy. I do agree those actions are awesome, I have read about them before......

Any reason why the 700 action versus a Surgeon or Stiller or Templar (GAP) or Defiance or the likes for a custom rifle?

If it's a custom rifle, I'm guessing the action will be blue printed, a Stiller action doesn't cost that much more, if at all.

It is entirely possible to DIY blue printing the 700 action and barreling with the proper tools and a short chambered barrel from Shilen through Brownell's.

But IMHO, it would be most cost effective to get a premium action and simply get it barreled by a gunsmith then DIY the rest.

Otherwise, why not find a 700 sps (or Savage or Howa or whatever entry level rifle) that doesn't cost much more than a bare action itself, shoot the crap out of it and upgrade as necessary?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top