JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know, I thought about that and know they are superior to the Rem 700 action as far as outright accuracy. I guess its just me, always been a Remington 700 type of guy. I do agree those actions are awesome, I have read about them before......

Any reason why the 700 action versus a Surgeon or Stiller or Templar (GAP) or Defiance or the likes for a custom rifle?

If it's a custom rifle, I'm guessing the action will be blue printed, a Stiller action doesn't cost that much more, if at all.

It is entirely possible to DIY blue printing the 700 action and barreling with the proper tools and a short chambered barrel from Shilen through Brownell's.

But IMHO, it would be most cost effective to get a premium action and simply get it barreled by a gunsmith then DIY the rest.

Otherwise, why not find a 700 sps (or Savage or Howa or whatever entry level rifle) that doesn't cost much more than a bare action itself, shoot the crap out of it and upgrade as necessary?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top