JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will probably get crap for this but here goes. I have a very positive post in this thread about my experience buying my rifle from Curt last summer and it was a good experience at the time. I went there last week and in the frenzy figuring everyone was marking everything up I paid way to much for 6 pmags and a lower receiver. I did not realize how bad it was till I got home and found that most places (except CTD) were not marking up their stuff by any significant amount. Curt was marking his stuff up by 100-150%. I will survive the cash loss and could understand a small mark up during all this but his blatant price gouging is pretty sad. I need some gun smithing done on my rifle but do not ever think I will go back to someone who would take advantage of a bad situation by screwing people. I understand that I did not have to buy anything at the high prices and like I said I will survive the cash loss but my primary issue is doing business with a person who takes advantage of other people like that.

Um in case you haven't noticed, NO ONE has pmags in stock. Curts does only because he is paying large amounts if money to get them in stock. Overnight air freight isn't cheap.

Yes you can back order them from Brownells, CTD, or where ever and wait for them to get in, whenever that may be. But you didn't, you HAD to have them now. And you paid market price.

I keep hearing "over-night shipping" as an excuse for increasing prices from $14 ~ $30 and out of curiosity I did some rough estimates using a weight of 5 oz per magazine, and the length, width and height of a pmag. I figured that a box of 100 pmags would weight about 31 pounds and need to measure at least 10"x8"x30". I used 80308 (Boulder, Co - Magpul headquarters) as the "from" zip code, and 97267 (Curt's zip code) as the "to" zip and ran a standard 3-5 day shipping quote and an over-night shipping quote between UPS, FedEX, and USPS then averaged the rates. Now - the rates I got are online quotes and would of course be cheaper if you had an account with the carrier. Also factor in that Magpul has stated they have NOT raised prices and any price increases you see on their products are a result of the distributor.

The increase in shipping costs from 3-5 day to over-night distributed among 100 magazines accounts for about a $1.80 ~ $2.25 increase per magazine. The other $14.20 ~ $13.75 increase per magazine you're seeing accounts for... well you figure it out.

It really looks like some people don't get it here. First off 99.5% of dealers including Curt's don't buy direct from Magpul, they buy from distributor. Granted Magpul hasn't raised its prices, But I do know for a fact that 2 of the major distributors have raised prices on all Magpul products not just mags. This goes for guns as well. And if the mags are to much for you @ $30 then don't buy them, simple as that. Other places don't have them or are charging double that.

Know the facts before you start posting comments.

I recently purchased a few rifles from Curt's and paid a little over retail for each one. Having said that, I feel like everything that I bought was done so at a reasonable price. With all of the madness going on everywhere, their prices were more than fair in my opinion. Also, it was a madhouse while I was there and every staff member handled the pandemonium in a professional manner in stride with every customer that came through. A big thanks goes out to everyone there and I will definitely be bringing more of my business to them.

Hey guys, first time poster. Great community here.

I stopoed in after the gym today to see if they had anything I needed. I am an AK guy but I want an AR just in case the ban impacts our ability to purchase one. I have a few lowers on order from spec ops tactical but they are possibly 5-8 weeks out. Anyway they had a Precision Aero lower in the case with a note that said a full gun can be had with this lower with matching upper by Friday with Magpul furniture. I asked how much, he told me right under a grand. My card had already hit the table. I could not believe he was selling me a quality AR for under a grand in this environment. He said they are really trying not to gouge folks as it's an uncertain time for everyone. NOW THAT IS HOW TO MAKE A CUSTOMER FOLKS. That same gun would be over $2k everywhere else if you can find it. I will let you guys know if it's everything promised on Friday when I pick it up.

Happy New Year!

-Ty

not so much "price gouging" as it is raising the price to keep from other people buying and reselling. In a business point of view you don't want other people to take advantage and make a profit off you. The markets fluctuates, and you can't blame a business for making business decisions...

Funny that just two weeks ago people were complaining that Curt's was selling G3 Pmags at $30.00 like it was some sort of gouging. Now they go for $75.00+, just TWO WEEKS later! Wait 90 days.

magpul has been busy building mags for the last 3 weeks and are sending out huge shipments several retailers are getting orders now that being said looks like the new retail price will average between 20-25 per

The store hopefully be restocked for this weekend. Curt went to the Shot-show in Vegas. I hope he brings a bunch of stuff for the hungry bunch that will be waiting at the door. :)
I'm one of them.

The store hopefully be restocked for this weekend. Curt went to the Shot-show in Vegas. I hope he brings a bunch of stuff for the hungry bunch that will be waiting at the door. :)
I'm one of them.

If he's gone now, he's probably at the Big Rock Distributor's show (also in Vegas).

SHOT is January 15-18th.

Sign says he'll be back on the 17th, be interesting to see what might come in between now and then.

magpul has been busy building mags for the last 3 weeks and are sending out huge shipments several retailers are getting orders now that being said looks like the new retail price will average between 20-25 per

I would wager that the extra money is in part to cover overtime and doubletime pay to get the mags out faster. Seems reasonable.

The rifle Curt sold me for under a grand during all this is just fantastic, solid construction, light, nice solid fit. Great work, made me a long-term customer. The same gun was selling for between 1800-2500 at the gun show.

not so much "price gouging" as it is raising the price to keep from other people buying and reselling. In a business point of view you don't want other people to take advantage and make a profit off you. The markets fluctuates, and you can't blame a business for making business decisions...

I'd have to agree with this. I have a rifle I've been considering selling, but I'm certain that if I sold it for a 'reasonable' price I'd see it back on the Trader immediately. I don't want to up my price and do the very same thing I've accused others of doing, so I'm holding on to it.

Keith (If anyone has a really nice pre89 ban Chinese Spiker and is looking for a deneutered Greek SAR-8 with all the goodies, PM me :) )

Stopped in again yesterday. Very friendly and helpful bunch of guys. Picked up a few items, but mostly the walls were bare. Some excitement about receiving a lower in stock soon. Must be hard to just stand there all day with out much on the shelves to sell and customers wanting everything they can get their hands on.
Compared to other gun stores I visit, Curt's is heads and shoulders above the rest in service.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top