JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing but great things to say about this shop. Just bought 1000 rounds 9mm American Eagle for $200(can't find that that cheap on the net). And I was surprised when I asked him if he had any Noveske end plates for my AR15 with the QD swivel hole........sure enough, he had a few..........so I got 2 of those and then the Magpul STR stock(love this thing, it's the cat's pajamas) along with a buttstock tube kit.......

Super helpful and knowledgeable from my interactions. In fact my little boy(5yr old) was there and he's........well..........BUSY! They just rolled with his, "hey dad, look at this!"...... :)

They'll get more of my business. Not too many places I can visit or call that have competitive prices and miscellaneous parts you can buy piece by piece. Smart move!

Hey all, new guy to the forum and I wanted to give my 2 cents on Curt's shop.

I want to say what a great experience I had at Curt's yesterday. I found out about his shop from PWS and then read about his service in this thread which convinced me to give him a call. I'm glad I did because not only did he have the MK116 I wanted in stock but I about pooped when he told me the price. It was 200 below retail!!! I gave him a deposit over the phone to hold it and went and picked it up yesterday afternoon. He also stayed open late giving me time to get there as we live in way north vancouver/salmon creek.

I wanted to also address a couple things previously posted.

1. his prices are high... I can not vouch for everything in his store but everything I bought was at or below online prices which included the rifle, 1K rounds of 5.56, extra pmag a case and a few misc items.

2. his personality... He is never going to win any Mr outgoing personality awards for sure but he was plesant and helpful during my visit. He seems to be one of the quiet and to the point kind of guys.

I think it is awesome to have a dedicated AR shop with people that know what they are talking about availible to us PNW peeps!

I went in the other day. Curt was very helpful, even after I told him very plainly I was just LOOKING, not planning on buying anything.

Answered my dumb questions for a solid hour. No exaggeration.

....I ended up buying his newbie AR package and being extremely happy with it.

Heading back tomorrow to buy some more stuff I don't need.

So about 700 rounds through the rifle and I start having some problems. The allen bolts (Maybe not the right term, but that's what they look like...) in the bottom of the gas block kept coming out, regardless of how hard I tightened them. I even bent my allen wrench. I didn't want to loctite them because of how hot the gas block gets....wasn't sure about it.....anyway! No gas functioning gas block means bad things...

I took it back into Curt to see what could be done...he took it away, went into his back room with it for 2 minutes, and came back to me with a completely new type/manufacture of gas block. No charge! I have yet to shoot it (Saturday is coming), but it looks a heck of a lot more sturdy than the last one.

Said he switched manufactures for a while and it was a common problem with the old type.

So I realize nobody wants to read a blog about my AR and it's current status....but I do feel this is valuable info to anyone looking at buying an AR at Curt's:

Update from last post (where Curt gave me a new gas block): I went shooting and it didn't work. Not one round cycled correctly.

I took it BACK in....asked what the hell.....he took it out and tested it. Found it didn't work for him either. Fiddled with it for a bit, no dice.

He ended up giving me a whole new upper. Tested and made sure it worked, and I went on my way. A bit miffed that the thing malfunctioned as badly as it did to begin with, but Curt for sure made it right in the end.

So I realize nobody wants to read a blog about my AR and it's current status....but I do feel this is valuable info to anyone looking at buying an AR at Curt's:

Update from last post (where Curt gave me a new gas block): I went shooting and it didn't work. Not one round cycled correctly.

I took it BACK in....asked what the hell.....he took it out and tested it. Found it didn't work for him either. Fiddled with it for a bit, no dice.

He ended up giving me a whole new upper. Tested and made sure it worked, and I went on my way. A bit miffed that the thing malfunctioned as badly as it did to begin with, but Curt for sure made it right in the end.
lol you bought very nearly the CHEAPEST AR that you could find.. the guy who sold it to you attempted to fix a problem you had with it at his expense.. then he replaced the entire upper at his expense to make you happy and make it right...you're a bit miffed? remember, you bought very nearly THE CHEAPEST AR that you could and got better customer service than the finest AR that you could buy.
just sayin

You go to the store and buy ANYTHING, take it home and it doesn't work? You're gonna be miffed. Especially when that anything costs $700.
Especially if, to even test it, you have to drive 45 minutes away to find out it doesn't work.

So yes, I was miffed. I know it was cheap (Although there are cheaper). But I expect other things to be seen as a result of buying something cheap.....longevity, accuracy, reliability under adverse conditions, heat buildup, etc........not plain whether it works or not.

And, if you read my post, I was miffed when it didn't work. I obviously wasn't miffed when Curt handed me a complete new upper from behind the counter. I'm extremely pleased with Curt when he went out of his way to make it right....as exemplified by my posting "he made it right" at the end of my post.

So, I went to the gun show this weekend at the Expo Center. After spending a couple hours in there browsing and purchasing a few items, I came up to Curts Discount Shooters Supply. And there on the table was an AR pistol kit that was screaming my name. After fondling said pistol kit I told Curt I was ready to purchase it. After going through the back ground Curt asked how I was going to pay. I simply handed him my debit card and he ran it. Then to my surprise, Curt said the card was declined. I then realized that I had gone over my self imposed daily limit. I was a little sad to be honest. I then told Curt that I would have to come back next week when he got back to his shop and hopefully if it was available buy it then.

Curt then said the most amazing thing I have ever heard from a gun store owner. Curt said just take it with you and drop a check in my mail box sometime this weekend. I was stunned. I had to ask him to say that again. He again said with a smile, go ahead and take it just put a check in my mail box. I am still amazed that he would do this. I thought this level of trust was extinct. Curt has definately earned by buisness. Keys.

After reading all the positive reviews, I decided to pay Curt a visit. Afterall, I have a new AR that needs some clothing!

So I cut out of work early yesterday and drove all the way across town (from Hillsboro to Milwaukie). I arrived at 3pm, well within normal business hours for any normal retail establishment. To my surprise I found the store closed with a note on the door...

"Closed on Friday (9/28) and Saturday (9/29) for the opening of hunting season."

I will give this shop another chance, but I was pretty ticked when I pulled up to a dark store during prime retail hours.

So I cut out of work early yesterday and drove all the way across town (from Hillsboro to Milwaukie).

Call first before you make your next the trip:

(503) 819-5881

Curt doesn't take vacation very often, and I've seen him take customers on Monday when he's supposed to be closed.

Sorry you missed him--store's worth the wait though.

I had a similar issue, wanted to order a upper from them. Called the store and was told to come into the store. So next day drove the 50min to the store and was told sorry can't do anything for you because Curt's not there and to call on Tuesday, WTF! I was pissed, why is it Curt is the only person that can handle orders and why was I told to come into the store when orders can be done over the phone? I'm sure Curt is a good guy but he needs to hire more competent employee's. They lost my 1400 dollars worth of business.

Sent in my paperwork last week for both of mine, Curts made this a very very easy process.

Priority Mail®
Deliverer October 12, 2012, 7:47 am ATLANTA, GA 30353

8088744132_45d9f7e8b7_z.jpg

now more waiting lol.

Call first before you make your next the trip:

(503) 819-5881

Curt doesn't take vacation very often, and I've seen him take customers on Monday when he's supposed to be closed.

Sorry you missed him--store's worth the wait though.

You were right... I went back to Curt's today and it was indeed worth the wait.

I went in to see if I could find a rail section for my Ruger SR556E. I know Ruger sells them, but they want too much $$ for them and I don't want to wait for shipping, etc. So I was hopeful (but doubtful) Curt could help. After several different attempts, he found a piece that fit and aligned with the custom holes on the Ruger handguard (no charge).

Next they fitted a bipod on my new rail, and helped me pick out a new Magpul STR stock, which they also installed.

Finally, when I asked about triggers, they showed me a Wilson Combat, which I really wanted, but didn't want to spend $270. When I said that my factory trigger was a crisp single stage with no play, it's just too heavy, they offered to change out the spring to a lighter one so the pull would be easier... only $9 and installed while I wait! What a difference! And so nice of them to actually listen to my concern an offer me a cheap solution instead of pushing me into something more expensive.

Overally, very impressed. I love that they are more than a gun shop, they are a service center as well.

F457AAC8-5651-4F51-906A-99244516E5C9-1767-0000020AA91A2132.jpg

B82B8549-CC0E-44BD-926A-72ED70A82507-1767-0000020AA4FFDF44.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that he carries a lot of AR's and AR gear, Dose he have a selection of AKs as well? I am looking to pick on up here soon and would like to find a place that dose not have a huge mark up.

Picked up my AAC M4-2000 there today. Special thanks to Hillary and Curt. Damn nice people. Couldn't ask for more in a dealer.

Anyone interested in an AAC suppressor (the Element 2 is NICE also) get over to Curts. Or anything AR-related for that matter. Saw a big bin of the new Gen3 Magpul P-mags there too. Lots of Magpul stuff at Ebay pricing (I know, I am an Ebay whore).

Hillary will do all the paperwork for you and make it a simple and enjoyable experience for you. The VIP treatment awaits.

Had them build an AR on my lower. They went out of their way to do the work in my tight schedule. Great customer service, great selection. Even if you aren't looking for AR stuff at the moment you should drop in and check it out. Impressive shop.

Last Edited:
Went on Friday based on all the good reviews here and I wasn't disappointed. Nice selection of stuff and the customer service was great. Will definitely be spending more time and money there. Thanks for all the info.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top