JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Make your own "pod".
Think of a square box/cube that will fit nicely on the pallet. Yes, I built two for my move from Hawaii to WA.

It all starts with a wooden pallet. It's usually 40" x 48". So then think about it......you'll construct a cube, say about 4' tall sitting on top of the pallet. Start with the floor. Remember to allow for the 1/2" on the right & another 1/2" for the left side. And 1/2" on the front & another 1/2" on the back. And you'll need a top. Since it's the top, you don't want exposed edges it'll be a full 40" x 48". So that's one sheet.

Now the left side and right side. And a front and back. Hummmm......what's that? Two more sheets. So three sheets in total to construct one box.

The big box place even helped me by cutting up the 1/2" plywood sheets to my specs. The added benefit was that it was easier to transport home and I didn't have to bother with the cuts.

And buy some 2x2 (or 2x4) to frame it up. I placed them on the inside of the cube. Cut to exactly fit with the edges butting up against each other. Oh.....and some construction adhesive and screws helped with getting it all to hold together.

Depending on how you want to fill it up and/or close it up. Well, plan ahead and use only screws (without adhesive) on those ends. I made my top and front removable. So that I could facilitate packing and unpacking.

YES, it's best to clear all those "Dangerous and Guns" issues, during your planning stage. Talk with the transport company while making your arrangements to pick it up and deliver it.

For ME......since I was going from Hawaii to WA........yeah, they wanted to know what was inside and "inspect it". No problem. Ammo, components and guns were all in ammo cans and nicely packed cases and boxes. And after the inspection. I quickly sealed it all up with my portable screwdriver and screws that I brought along with me.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......as for the other things that I couldn't leave behind. Well, I boxed what I could and placed the rest on pallets. Then, used plastic wrap to sort wrap the entire pallet.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads