JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it is crazy to think but...

How hard would it be to change the ORS (Oregon) to allow concealed carry of ANY knife, when the carrier has an Oregon CHL? Has this been tried?

I know Washington has CPP (Concealed Pistol Permit) which I believe is different than an Oregon CHL (Concealed Handgun License). I think in Washington with a CPP you can carry a knife (and any knife) concealed. (Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong).

Nothing I read in the RCW's allow concealed carry of a knife when you have a CHP. There is a specific RCW 9.41.250 that I interpret to state that you cannot carry any type of 'dangerous weapon' concealed. I would rather not leave the interpretation of a dangerous weapon up to a LEO, so I will open carry my knives.
There is no 'giveback' in this RCW for CHP holders, as there are in some RCW's. For example, CHP holders may carry at a school while picking up their children based on a 'giveback' in the no weapons at school RCW.
Interpret the RCW's as you will, however. I am no attorney.

I know it is crazy to think but...

How hard would it be to change the ORS (Oregon) to allow concealed carry of ANY knife, when the carrier has an Oregon CHL? Has this been tried?

I know Washington has CPP (Concealed Pistol Permit) which I believe is different than an Oregon CHL (Concealed Handgun License). I think in Washington with a CPP you can carry a knife (and any knife) concealed. (Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong).

My WA concealed-carry permit is an LCCP - that's what it says on its face:
License to Carry Concealed Pistol.
Just like my OR CHL does not permit me to carry a long gun, likewise my WA LCCP does not say squat about concealed carry of knives, bazookas, or rabid cats.

Here in OR the knife laws are pretty generous - pretty much any folder is okay to conceal.

What's wrong with simply using a pocket clip??

To be short, whats wrong with it is, I shouldn't be required to use one. The problem is that a pocket clip frequently gets covered up by a shirt or coat. What about a black pocket clip over black pants. Anyone that relies on a pocket clip to keep them safe from concealing has way more guts than I.

My main thing is if I have a License to conceal a gun, why can I only conceal certain kinds of a knife. Does that seem logical?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top