JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So maybe I should have expected a longer wait time, but when I called Clark County to set up an appointment for my CPL, I was told the earliest possible appointment was May 21st, yes as in 7 months from now!!!! I'm sure they are busy, but find this to be absolutely ridiculous, we could just about get every person in the entire county set up in that time it seems!
Washington county is the same right now.

I Just called Multnomah County to check on my application from February. Apparently my appointment was last week and I should have received an email in August. I never received such an email. And they only send one. Now Im scheduled for February. But I fully intend to call back every other day and check for cancellations.

The counties only process CPLs that fall under their jurisdiction. I called and confirmed that.
I talked with a friend that is part of our state's legislature. It seems that Washington is very anti-gun and there has been an obvious effort to reduce and constrain those that seek to be in compliance with the law by acquiring a concealed weapons permit. There was a time when any Chief of Police or Sheriff could and would issue the subject permit. But lots of things have changed since "my time."

I talked with a friend that is part of our state's legislature. It seems that Washington is very anti-gun and there has been an obvious effort to reduce and constrain those that seek to be in compliance with the law by acquiring a concealed weapons permit. There was a time when any Chief of Police or Sheriff could and would issue the subject permit. But lots of things have changed since "my time."

It's so sad! And the way the election results are mounting, these idiots re-elect the same politicians stripping away our 2A rights.

When I went into CCSO for my renewal in late September, I didn't notice a flood of business that would indicate they were jammed up. I paid our property tax bill in October so I'm pretty sure they have not run out of money :rolleyes:

Something very odd is going on with CCSO with respect to issuing CPLs.

Maybe they figured out they only have to provide a service within a certain period of time if they agree to provide the service. I'd like to see if there is a statute actually requiring them to provide the service in the first place.

In Hawaii the firearm purchase permits are 4-5 months out by appointments only. Scalpers are taking up slots and selling the appointment slots now. Cant even pay for a firearm without it.

At least it is just like religion or publishing an article in the paper where you have to wait for your 1st amendment permit.

Why bother with getting permission? What are your chances of getting stopped and searched?

I'm "that guy", I get tagged even if it really was the dog that farted :D

According to law, carrying a concealed gun in WA without a permit is a misdemeanor, if caught doing so of course. Some folks care about any and all criminal citations, some don't. I'd be careful about scoff lawing a misdemeanor, but that's just me.

Why bother with a Washington permit when a Utah permit gets you there? The Utah class costs about $100 and the application is something similar. Mine came back in about two months and Washington is one of the states it covers. I am an Oregon resident though... YMMV :)

RKBA

Why bother with a Washington permit when a Utah permit gets you there? The Utah class costs about $100 and the application is something similar. Mine came back in about two months and Washington is one of the states it covers. I am an Oregon resident though... YMMV :)

RKBA

I can't be certain about a UT permit but, my OR and AZ non-resident permits REQUIRE a WA permit in order to issue.

RKBA

WA residents have to have a WA CPL even if you get a Utah.

Why bother with getting permission? What are your chances of getting stopped and searched?

I have not been stopped and searched since I was a teenager, many decades ago. However, Don't roll the dice unless you are willing to pay the price. A criminal hit on a background check, especially one involving a weapon, would get me fired from my job and also prevent me from being hired in my profession. Plus many other reasons to not take the chance. I prefer to stay legal.

When I went into CCSO for my renewal in late September, I didn't notice a flood of business that would indicate they were jammed up. I paid our property tax bill in October so I'm pretty sure they have not run out of money :rolleyes:

Something very odd is going on with CCSO with respect to issuing CPLs.

Maybe they figured out they only have to provide a service within a certain period of time if they agree to provide the service. I'd like to see if there is a statute actually requiring them to provide the service in the first place.
It's one of those "unfunded" mandates that is the result of the state legislature passing laws that have no funding attached to them that would facilitate getting the permits done. Instead, the Sheriff figures out what the traffic will bear and then uses "cadets" who work for free and perhaps a single deputy to do the rest. I'm surprised that someone hasn't sued both the local sheriff and the state for charging for services. We already pay property taxes for services from police agencies and then there are those that can't afford the "fees.' Does that mean that they are being discriminated against because they are too poor to afford to be in compliance with the statutes? If carrying a concealed weapon a right that only wealthier citizens can afford?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top