JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
is Thanksgiving out here on the Property, the house is filled with the smell of roasting turkey
it's dark, so I go out in my bathrobe and Muck Boots to put the geese up
the moon is out just above the trees
hear a pack of coyotes coming up from my woods, one of their outrunners is down by my orchard, a young one from the sound of his high pitched yeps
the pack is about 100 yrds out from the sound of their cries
I go back in the house, grab the Mossberg 12 ga Shockwave and 3 shells of birdshot
go back out on my porch is robe and boots and fire off 2 rnds of 12 ga into the air in the direction of my woods - not to worry, the nearest neighbor is 600 yrds in that direction
I love the eco of the sound of a 12 ga down through the hills into the river valley below at night
all is quiet now, put the Shockwave over my shoulder and go back in to wait for dinner
I can't even imagine living in town in these uncertain times
I hear one must wear a mask just to walk out your front door because there are people around
call me anti social, but I haven't been off this mountain since March
happy Turkey Day to all

bad moon rising.jpg

I am in much the same situation up here on Spencer Butte, although I am the one who goes to town for supplies. When I'm at home the pandemic doesn't exist. It's only when I go out that there are masks and a sense of impending doom.

I live in a small enough town we only wear it going into the store, and half that is all the old folks around I'm sure. In any case people are very pleasant overall in my city (technically). The metro is where you have to be careful, people have lost their gohram minds down there.
I'd like a hill all my own someday in any case, seems like a lovely way to be.
:)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR