JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah we have had to get up at 1 or 2 in the AM and yell out the window for them to shut up they get so loud at times.
Yipping and howling gets loud, but kind of like the sound.

Heh, that reminds me of my child hood... We had a neighbor, whose dog would bark all night...

My dad, who was Grumpy on his BEST of Days, needed his Sleep, or the german hertigage which Produced the finest of SS Nazi Storm Troopers would come out in him (me, I am as gentle as a Wolf in Sheeps Wool, most ALL of the time.. :rolleyes: ) so, after an hour, of non response, from Animal Control, My Dad...

Would call thec Mayors Home Phone!!!! (Dad had his connections... Due to his Job... Which will remain nameless, in case the doctrine of generational issues pass down to the Oldest Son, and the case is still OPEN, err... Uhhh.... You know what I mean) .

"Hello, who is this"? "Mr. Mayor, this is a Tax Payer who is ANGRY"....

"Why you calling me at 2:30 in the da mn Morning"?

"Because your city animal control will not do their Job, when I call them at 1:30AM, Mr. Mayor, good Night Mr. Mayor, sleep tight..."!!!!

And he would call Again, fifteen minutes LATER, if no animal control did not show, to shut up the yapping dog...

Ah, precious Memories of my Father. JA WOHL????

philip,

Good Night all... and Mr. Mayor???? Work your crews, like they earn a Pay Check!!!! :s0118:

I have been seeing a pretty good sized yote in a field right airport way by the park and fly.
It's an odd place i thought to see one. But i've seen what looks like the same one on multiple occassions

Not unusual at all up there. That Jail that is up near there has a whole den of them on the slough by it.
They are everywhere, and most of the time you don't even see them. Fun to see them play and rough house though. They thrive on the rats and things along the rivers and sloughs.
Check this out. They know comfort when they see it .

<broken link removed>

r_1218724230_coyote.jpg

3569552832_o.jpg

Note that tail LOL that is Beta timid. Coyotes are very timid animals overall.
Most wolves are as well. They all will defend, but they are more interested in self preservation. They only come out of that when hunting their prey and they do not take risks if they can help it.
Coydogs are difficult to raise, as they spend most of their lives wrapped around your legs trying to trip you LOL. C.L.I.N.G.Y, needy little things :D

Last Edited:
Coyotes are everywhere. We have several transient packs it the area. In the spring when the pups leave the den, they tend to be pretty exploratory in their ways. This last spring there were 3 of them coming around. I " encouraged" them to move along with some well placed shots as they started stalking my neighbors chickens across an open field.

My compassion for not whacking them was returned when they returned over the next week and killed two of our chickens in our garden, one of them my wifes favorite chicken and garden companion, and one of the neighbors chickens. With the increase in coyotes, the drop in pheaseant population is completely gone in the last two years. There was a small population of blacktail deer becoming reestablished earlier this spring, but we have not seen any for a couple of months.

Coyotes have no natural predators in most of their ranges in urban and urban rural interface areas, save for the occasional cougar passing through. Whacking a couple now and then is not going to hurt the population much, and will help the upland bird populations rebound from the egg eating predators.

I was sitting on my front porch smoking .................pistol out racked it ........

Your chances of dying from lung cancer is 100,000 % more than being attacked by 1 or more coyotes.:)

Your chances of being shot first is 100% more when you don't always have your gun in condition 1....:)

Disclaimer; Percentages may vary

Killing coyotes makes as much sense as killing flies at a garbage dump......:(....they just repopulate to previous or a higher level.

There is a Coyote in my neighborhood that I have adopted a live and let live policy with. I went around to all of my neighbors and asked if they had any animals missing and all of them said no, I told them about the coyote and they all know to contact me if the animal situation changes. I would prefer to trap it and take it away from where I live but the most likely scenario involves a 30-30.

The biggest coyotes I've ever seen were on the Sun City AZ golf course. The friends I was visiting said the
coyotes got that big eating the jackrabbits on the golf course (and the occasional small pet) Buggers were as large as any Shepard I've ever seen.:eek:

The biggest coyotes I've ever seen were on the Sun City AZ golf course. The friends I was visiting said the
coyotes got that big eating the jackrabbits on the golf course (and the occasional small pet) Buggers were as large as any Shepard I've ever seen.:eek:

Yeah the desert ones can get to 40+ lbs
May be a few mex wolves & red wolves down there?? They can get big. Coyotes here in Oregon are bigger in the high cascades and some areas of central and eastern oregon also.
The ones here in the valley can get dwarfed by a huge feral cat sometimes LOL.
In the cascades I have seen them that look like they are 60 or 70 lbs, but it is the winter coat. Shave that off and they look like tall scrawny foxes. :)

Your chances of dying from lung cancer is 100,000 % more than being attacked by 1 or more coyotes.:)

Your chances of being shot first is 100% more when you don't always have your gun in condition 1....:)

Disclaimer; Percentages may vary

Killing coyotes makes as much sense as killing flies at a garbage dump......:(....they just repopulate to previous or a higher level.

Actually coyotes do an exceptional population control themselves. They populate totally in accordance with food supply. In the country and equally in cities. Portland has issues with rats coming up the sewers into homes through the toilets. I think it might be a good thing to have LOTS of coyotes there with that going on. :D
Feeling a cold nose from some big filthy rodent is Not my preference while sitting on the throne ROFLMAO.

"Feeling a cold nose from some big filthy rodent is Not my preference while sitting on the throne ROFLMAO"

I'm pretty sure the rat would be better off taking it's chances with the coyotes.:eek:

"Feeling a cold nose from some big filthy rodent is Not my preference while sitting on the throne ROFLMAO"

I'm pretty sure the rat would be better off taking it's chances with the coyotes.:eek:

Yeah they had that rodent issue on the news about 2 weeks ago.
Hilarious..... for anyone outside Portland LOL.

I have been seeing more lately in my area (laPine/Sunriver) but it could just be I am just being more observant also. Definitely no shortage of them and while I don't agree with racking up score popping a few isn't going to make a dent the population. I do agree with no springtime hunting of them when the pups are dependent but by winter they are fair game.

I don't hunt.
I don't varmint hunt.

I think Trophy Hunters are scum.

I respect, but not necessarily agree with, people who actually get out of their truck & walk when hunting for food.

I accept varminters, because without them, poison would be used, and those squirrels are a problem on ranches.

Killing squirrels for fun, I don't understand.

Killing coyotes for fun, I don't understand.

Killing ANY animal for fun, I don't understand.

I have ground squirrel problems. I trap them with Have a Heart traps and relocate them in the forest.

My neighbor has ground squirrels. He drowns them, or gasses them, or whatever it takes to kill them.:rolleyes:

I KNOW I am in the far minority, but killing for fun, when there is an alternative (relocate or co-exist),NEVER has made sense to me.:confused:

Sticking the head of a dead animal or antlers on your wall makes LESS sense.:confused::confused:

I respect those of you who choose to co-exist with these coyotes.:)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top