JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Next:
Phone makers sued by victims families for building a device that causes folks to text & drive.
Vehicle & Alcohol makers sued by victims families of DUI deaths.
Fork & Spoon makers sued by the families of obese people.

I guess it's one way to kill Capitalism & Freedom...

Then I guess I need to get my attorney to start proceedings against Toyota for the accident caused by a Toyota owner that blew through a red light and destroyed my truck along with damaging several discs in my spine a few years ago.... idiots....

In October 2016, a Connecticut Superior Court judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by the families of some victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting against the manufacturer, the wholesale distributor, and the retailer of the semi-automatic rifle used in the shooting. Judge Barbara Bellis ruled that the suit "falls squarely within the broad immunity" provided to gun manufacturers and dealers by the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

If - and that is a huge IF - they win against Remington, this will open the door and set a precedence for other lawsuits as "joked" above.

People need to get off the danged couches and go outside and play!!!

In October 2016, a Connecticut Superior Court judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by the families of some victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting against the manufacturer, the wholesale distributor, and the retailer of the semi-automatic rifle used in the shooting. Judge Barbara Bellis ruled that the suit "falls squarely within the broad immunity" provided to gun manufacturers and dealers by the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

That ruling was overturned today by the higher court.

"The Connecticut high court disagreed on extremely narrow grounds, treating it as a case of illegal advertising."

:rolleyes:

E

There is no personal responsibility anymore. It's always the inanimate objects fault...

:s0054:
That is literally what keeps my family housed and fed. I'd say at least 90% of the product liability investigations I do are indisputably operator error, maybe 8% inconclusive (without being forwarded for deeper engineering analysis) and maybe 1% actual manufacturer responsibility.
The general public has been conditioned to point the finger with one hand and hold out the other for payment. It's ridiculous.

If you have a lot of time on your hands... the legals are attached.
Phone makers sued by victims families for building a device that causes folks to text & drive.
Vehicle & Alcohol makers sued by victims families of DUI deaths.
Fork & Spoon makers sued by the families of obese people.
^^ Like DB says... One can only hope this gets to a court that has better decision making capabilities.

Per the court...
In part V of its opinion, the majority concludes that the claims made by the plaintiffs under the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act (CUTPA), General Statutes § 42-110a et seq., which are founded on a theory that wrongful and unscrupulous advertising by the defendants, who manufactured, distributed, and sold the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle, Model XM15-E2S, was a substantial factor in the criminal activity of the shooter at the Sandy Hook School on December 14, 2012, are not preempted by the arms act because CUTPA is a predicate statute for purposes of the predicate exception.

S. 397 (109th): Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

(6) The possibility of imposing liability on an entire industry for harm that is solely caused by others is an abuse of the legal system, erodes public confidence in our Nation's laws, threatens the diminution of a basic constitutional right and civil liberty, invites the disassembly and destabilization of other industries and economic sectors lawfully competing in the free enterprise system of the United States, and constitutes an unreasonable burden on interstate and foreign commerce of the United States.

Dan

Attachments

• 331CR865 Remington lawsuit.pdf
    333.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 331CR865 Remington lawsuit dissent.pdf
    171.5 KB · Views: 163
I guess they forgot about "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" which is Federal Law Signed in 2005 By President Bush !

Inconveniently ignored by the anti-gun and anti-Constitution zealots.

It doesn't take much mental horsepower to recognize that if gun makers are sued when CRIMINALS use guns for crimes, then the 2A would become a meaningless memory as no gun maker would exist.

And further, one could apply the same logic to knives, cars, running shoes (helped criminal escape), baseball bat makers, and so forth.

scapegoat.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top