Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Couple of Enh. Pork Loins for dinner

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gunner69, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Gunner69

Gunner69 Hillsboro Member

So I got off work this morning and realized that I hadn't bothered to defrost anything for dinner and that I had 2 more teenage mouths to feed so I stopped by the store on my way home and grabbed a couple of enhanced loins :cry: Not enough time to marinade them properly so it was a little rib treatment.. Some mustard and rub wrap them up toss them in the fridge and off to bed for 3-4 hours of sleep.. GAWD I hate night shift... :evil:
    Got up around 1:30 pulled them out unwrapped them and let them come up to room temp while the smoker got warmed up...

Ready to go into the smoker...

Scan16.jpg

They've been in for a couple hours so far.. Just mopped them with a little apple cider, Stubbs original sauce, Tony's, and a touch of honey...

Scan17.jpg

Well here's the finished product... pulled them at 158 (for the one pictured) and 160 for the larger shorter one that I sliced after dinner for lunches this week.

Ready to slice

Scan18.jpg

All plated up...

Scan19.jpg

These were both cooked at ~245ish with a mix of 50% Apple and 50% Hickory.. Think I might back off on the hickory next time and maybe use Alder instead.

2. d1esel

d1esel Ridgefield WA. Member

Are you using pellets?

3. Gunner69

Gunner69 Hillsboro Member

Nope using chunks and chips from Bi-Mart I get good smoke and when it goes on sale I stock up..

4. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Looks good Gunner69!