JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got off work this morning and realized that I hadn't bothered to defrost anything for dinner and that I had 2 more teenage mouths to feed so I stopped by the store on my way home and grabbed a couple of enhanced loins :cry: Not enough time to marinade them properly so it was a little rib treatment.. Some mustard and rub wrap them up toss them in the fridge and off to bed for 3-4 hours of sleep.. GAWD I hate night shift... :evil:
Got up around 1:30 pulled them out unwrapped them and let them come up to room temp while the smoker got warmed up...

Ready to go into the smoker...

Scan16.jpg

They've been in for a couple hours so far.. Just mopped them with a little apple cider, Stubbs original sauce, Tony's, and a touch of honey...

Scan17.jpg

Well here's the finished product... pulled them at 158 (for the one pictured) and 160 for the larger shorter one that I sliced after dinner for lunches this week.

Ready to slice

Scan18.jpg

All plated up...

Scan19.jpg

These were both cooked at ~245ish with a mix of 50% Apple and 50% Hickory.. Think I might back off on the hickory next time and maybe use Alder instead.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews