JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've not been able to sleep and have spent the last few hours as well as the last couple days looking again and again at different backpacks.

I'll try to keep this short, but any ideas or opinions would be nice.

I'm useing my small hunting pack to take my edc stuff to work but I'm not fond of switching out stuff for after work and weekends and then switching back because I tend to always forget something.

It would be nice to have one bag for edc and just add some work stuff to it for during the week.

Needs:
-$60 to $120 (willing to begrudgingly go $160) - may take a few weeks before I can buy one but I'd rather wait and get one good bag then get a cheap one now and a better one later.
-Fit a 6'1" husky guy (me lol)
-Black preference, just no camo
-Molle
-High quality (I am ok investing a bit into a bag I'll carry daily)
-Many compartments (I'd rather not have to attach another 4 to 8 $20 molle pouches in order to stay organized.
-Large but not so big it has a permenant belt (or at least removable or tuckable)
-Able to handle my plethora of junk plus an extra pair of shorts, a shirt and a hoodie (Possibly a swim suite, towel and flip flops).

I keep going back to the 5.11 rush 72 (seems a tad too large) and the rush 24 (seems a tad too small). I have no idea why they don't make a 48...o_O.

I'm not stuck on 5.11 (other the they look comfy) but Badlands only has camo and one new option that doesn't look like what I'm hoping for. Maxpedition also has some interesting stuff but almost feel like I'm paying for a name on top of quality (I have the fat boy sling and it's been great but bought it like new, used - i.e. Cheap).

I'm sure there are great bags out there at a reasonable price but trying to find an unbiased list is proving difficult. I've googled, looked on Amazon and searched YouTube for every combination of key words I can think of but it seems it's too big, too small, too cheap on the quality or too expensive.

Thanks for any ideas in advance:)

511 select carry sling bag.

Google for best price
Got mine for 80 bks.

I have a red Uphill Ascent bookbag i got from the LCC book store over 10 years ago. It has been the best (and most durable) EDC bag I have ever had. (And I have been carrying a pack every day YEARs befor it was ever popular). I have been looking for a replacement lately, since one of the grab straps on top is fraying (it has 2).
Still have not found a replacement yet. From experience with this one, i have begun my search by looking at bookbags and not packs. Some promising stuff on Amazon, just have not bought yet.

Mine arrived today.

Looking forward to getting it setup for edc back seat, lunch box style use. Since this Rush12 fits the bill perfectly now that it's in hand and not on a computer screen. Wife said "it's awfully small..." about the bag guys....

So.... how do I get a steel plate in the back compartment..

IMG_3927.JPG

I was going to say check out TACTICAL TAYLOR but you already got a pack there out of Lakewood WA but fair warning be prepared for sticker shock there stuff is expensive

Mine is large, maybe a 3 day pack comparably. Makes it nice when I want to take more junk with me and it's not tightly packed.

I'm a XL dude though so it fits well.

Congrats on the new bag, everyone needs something a little different.

Mine arrived today.

Looking forward to getting it setup for edc back seat, lunch box style use. Since this Rush12 fits the bill perfectly now that it's in hand and not on a computer screen. Wife said "it's awfully small..." about the bag guys....

So.... how do I get a steel plate in the back compartment..

View attachment 389903

I'm calling, "DUBS!" anyway.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews