JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've not been able to sleep and have spent the last few hours as well as the last couple days looking again and again at different backpacks.

I'll try to keep this short, but any ideas or opinions would be nice.

I'm useing my small hunting pack to take my edc stuff to work but I'm not fond of switching out stuff for after work and weekends and then switching back because I tend to always forget something.

It would be nice to have one bag for edc and just add some work stuff to it for during the week.

Needs:
-$60 to $120 (willing to begrudgingly go $160) - may take a few weeks before I can buy one but I'd rather wait and get one good bag then get a cheap one now and a better one later.
-Fit a 6'1" husky guy (me lol)
-Black preference, just no camo
-Molle
-High quality (I am ok investing a bit into a bag I'll carry daily)
-Many compartments (I'd rather not have to attach another 4 to 8 $20 molle pouches in order to stay organized.
-Large but not so big it has a permenant belt (or at least removable or tuckable)
-Able to handle my plethora of junk plus an extra pair of shorts, a shirt and a hoodie (Possibly a swim suite, towel and flip flops).

I keep going back to the 5.11 rush 72 (seems a tad too large) and the rush 24 (seems a tad too small). I have no idea why they don't make a 48...o_O.

I'm not stuck on 5.11 (other the they look comfy) but Badlands only has camo and one new option that doesn't look like what I'm hoping for. Maxpedition also has some interesting stuff but almost feel like I'm paying for a name on top of quality (I have the fat boy sling and it's been great but bought it like new, used - i.e. Cheap).

I'm sure there are great bags out there at a reasonable price but trying to find an unbiased list is proving difficult. I've googled, looked on Amazon and searched YouTube for every combination of key words I can think of but it seems it's too big, too small, too cheap on the quality or too expensive.

Thanks for any ideas in advance:)

Not that it helps any, I run two bags for this type of deal. Both are Kelty, one is a smaller day pack type and the other is the larger expedition pack. I simply leave the large pack in my rig, and work with the smaller day pack. I may change to load of the smaller pack several times to meet changing needs, like you a swim suit and goggles and flip flops, the next day I might have work clothes to get dirty in. By using the smaller pack, I can swap my E.D.C. around With out effecting my main load out.

Not that it helps any, I run two bags for this type of deal. Both are Kelty, one is a smaller day pack type and the other is the larger expedition pack. I simply leave the large pack in my rig, and work with the smaller day pack. I may change to load of the smaller pack several times to meet changing needs, like you a swim suit and goggles and flip flops, the next day I might have work clothes to get dirty in. By using the smaller pack, I can swap my E.D.C. around With out effecting my main load out.
Same here. Medium Range bag for main EDC and gym stuff (smaller eqipment) and a larger bag I keep in my truck for clothes, shoes..etc.

Ive tried carrying all my stuff in one big bag, its more cumbersome than convenient. Splitting the two and leaving the less important one in your vehicle (or anywhere nearby) helps keep the weight way down.

I have 2 Badlands packs:
---A small one I use for EDC
---A large one that is a large big game pack
---A canvas military plain Jane satchel that I really like for small game hunts
---A laptop and electrical gear bag
---A maxpedition fat boy satchel for carrying a gun off my body and it holds most of my EDC stuff

So yea, my wife thinks I have a bag fetish:D:rolleyes:.

What I don't have is a medium sized bag for EDC stuff and work stuff.

I used my small hunting pack last week and it was ok but stuffed and I had more to carry out then in when I was done (coat and empty canteens etc).

I only drink a protein shake at noon but like to have a couple quick energy sugar drinks available to help keep up the momentum.

I have standard kits (meds and necessities), (phone charger plugs and cords) and (small toiletries bag) and move them to whatever bag I'm using as well as a head lamp, multi tool and my glasses.

I'd like to add another kit with the extras like nail clippers and such.

My Bug Home Bag is more of a bin and has boots and such in it so that is not really a bag (I would dump what I didn't need out of whatever bag I had and started hoofing it home).

Here is what I am going with unless I find something different. Will add side pockets on the molle if I find a need for it for drinks or small stuff: (the price is right and it's only slightly lower quality material then the 5.11 rush 24 - 600d vs 900d I think but it's almost $100 less and while employed in still broke:p

IMG_1482.PNG

There an operators bag on la police gear for $49.99 that has side pockets but not the mesh back

View attachment 358786

I did end up with the Operators bag after going back and forth a lot. Have been using it daily since justbafyer this thread was started and I have found no wear and tear issues so far.

I will say I'm extremely happy with it and that for my EDC uses (going to work or on errands around town) it works very well.

Now that I am about 6.6 miles from home I have no doubts I could put a gallon of water in it and get home in a few hours or so without extreme discomfort.

So I recommend the bag and the website for sure.

I did end up with the Operators bag after going back and forth a lot. Have been using it daily since justbafyer this thread was started and I have found no wear and tear issues so far.

I will say I'm extremely happy with it and that for my EDC uses (going to work or on errands around town) it works very well.

Now that I am about 6.6 miles from home I have no doubts I could put a gallon of water in it and get home in a few hours or so without extreme discomfort.

So I recommend the bag and the website for sure.

Oh. Bummer. I was going to recommend a CARRY ALL!! :D:D

I was stoked when my cousin sold me his new Badlands Diablo for half price of new.

:D

I feel your pain!
Finding a good carry system sucks when you're over 6' and pushin 3 bills like me. They are not designed for us "husky" fellas. I'm using a 3v Posse but it's too small, and I found that sling packs and big dudes don't mix. Satchels like the Maxpedition Versas are great... I have a GTG(small Fatboy) but I wore it out and can't afford to replace it. I've been eyeballing this though Primary Arms Tactical Shoulder Bag (Olive Drab) - PAGSSBODG PAGSSBODG
I'm still trying to find a good system that works for me, and is affordable. something that has a smaller edc bag like my Maxpedition Versa GTG that attaches to a bigger pack. The 3V paratus looks promising, but may be too big.
Have you looked into 3V? If your I don't recommend the sling packs but, I have a few of thier mole pouches and they are great.

<broken link removed>

Since the Badlands Diablo is really a little larger than one wants to lug around daily..

Ordered a Rush 12 from Amazon for a more daily pack. I intent to carry a few things in there on a daily basis from small essentials to a Baofeng.... :)

Kind of excited a little about this. Stepping stones.

I may be looking to contact @CamoDeafie if he is still doing his own handywork to see about getting a couple Molle lines put on the inside for the CCW....

I love the 511 Rush MOAB bags because they are modular. They have molle systems that enable you to connect two smaller packs to make one big pack. When thery are connected you can't even tell that it is two packs made into one. My dad got the 511 Rush MOAB 6 and the Rush MOAB 12. Separately, each pack has its own virtues but coupled together they become one big awesome pack. I believe that all the MOAB packs have the modular capabilities which make for extreme versatility depending on the need and use.

Y'all realize you're just talking about big fancy purses for men, right?

My checklist every morning before I walk out the door is: testicles, spectacles, wallet, watch, pocket knife, CCW.... come to think of it, I could use a backpack for my testicles, the wheelbarrow does get awkward.

:s0108:

Y'all realize you're just talking about big fancy purses for men, right?

My checklist every morning before I walk out the door is: testicles, spectacles, wallet, watch, pocket knife, CCW.... come to think of it, I could use a backpack for my testicles, the wheelbarrow does get awkward.

:s0108:
Umm yeah... well my testicles are still attached so they go where I go automatic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top