JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you work with them it should not take long to get them to take from your hand. Just checked and Amazon does of course have a ton of food choices for critters. I buy the black oil sunflower seeds from Wally in 40 pound bags for both birds and the furies. The Wally here stops selling them in winter though and I have to move to other places to buy the stuff. Guess many must only feed in the summer or something?
FYI, right now Fred Meyer has 40lb bags at $25, buy 1 get 1 half-off. Tempted to order four and stack that with "$15 off first delivery over $75."

FYI, right now Fred Meyer has 40lb bags at $25, buy 1 get 1 half-off. Tempted to order four and stack that with "$15 off first delivery over $75."
That would be a good idea. Most of the stores around here for some reason stop selling this stuff in winter. I always lay in multiple bags when I see them starting to run out. Still often have to search a little before the main stores start to stock it again in spring. LONG ago when there was only one Wally here and it was a good drive I found that when they pulled it from the shelves there they still had it piled up in the back warehouse. I used to just go back there and grab one. They figured out and actually started guarding the damn door to tell me I could not go back there. So I had to find other sources here. :confused:

LONG ago when there was only one Wally here and it was a good drive I found that when they pulled it from the shelves there they still had it piled up in the back warehouse. I used to just go back there and grab one. They figured out and actually started guarding the damn door to tell me I could not go back there. So I had to find other sources here. :confused:
OTOH, I have no idea where I'm gonna put my entire body weight in squirrel chow... makes no sense to me, they should want 'em OFF the books before Inventory Time since they're taxed on it.

Sleep with the dog get the horns!
Long ago in another life I worked for a guy who owned multiple Hotels. At one we had long term people staying there who state was putting up while they went to some clinic since they lived out of town. One of them soon after moving in says he has fleas in his room. So we paid to get all his stuff washed and moved him to another room. Pest people came in and fogged that room. Soon new room has fleas. Now this clown admits he is letting this street hooker sleep there who lived with some guy and a couple dogs at some camp down the road. I had run the girl off a few times from hanging around there and she was someone I could NOT imagine wanting to get in bed with. It was amazing to me the guy was so casual about admitting the fleas were his fault because he was allowing her in his bed. Made me shudder just thinking of it. :eek:

OTOH, I have no idea where I'm gonna put my entire body weight in squirrel chow... makes no sense to me, they should want 'em OFF the books before Inventory Time since they're taxed on it.
I did not get it either. I figured surely I can't be the only one who feeds year round? I have to "guess" a lot of people stop when its not nice outside and they no longer want to sit out there watching?? Who knows. I did get a kick out of the damn employee's guarding that door so I could not go back there and buy stuff. :s0140:

For chasing off pretty much anything safely air soft. The cheap full auto battery powered jobs I can fire it into my own hand and catch the BB's. So it cant harm anything. Yet it scares living hell out of critters. Dogs, cats, a LARGE Heron that was trying to eat Wife's Koi. Something about them being pelted by BB's that they can't see coming scares hell out of them and can't hurt them or anything else.
I had a friend whose dog was always digging in the garden out back. He cracked the back window 6" and waited until the dog was at it again. He had a hand pump pellet gun that he used only a few pumps on. Dog dug, got thumped in his hindquarter, jumped up and did a 180. Found nothing and did not know what hit him. He did it 2 more times and got thumped each time. Has never dug in the garden since. Behavioral modification.

No animals were hurt during the typing of this post.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top