JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pierangelo Pedersoli has announced that they will be producing a Baker rifle next year.

Start saving your nickels and dimes - you'll need a dumpster-load of 'em. :)
One of the reproduction outfits (can't remember the name) currently sells a smooth bore version and as I recall cost was about $750. I was considering it but a smooth bore Baker rifle defeats the whole concept to my way of thinking.

I read all Bernard Cornwell's sharpes novels as they came out so have I have an appreciation for them from those.

One of the reproduction outfits (can't remember the name) currently sells a smooth bore version and as I recall cost was about $750. I was considering it but a smooth bore Baker rifle defeats the whole concept to my way of thinking.

I read all Bernard Cornwell's sharpes novels as they came out so have I have an appreciation for them from those.
Yuppers. You can buy an Indian-made replica - quite popular over here with re-enactors of the 95th as blank-firers. They STILL have to registered them as shotguns, though.

If you watch Rob Enfield of Britishmuzzleloading on Youtube, he has a new movie about the Baker rifle - his has a Bobby Hoyt barrel and a lot of finagling to make it shoot tolerably well. A fellow club-member here has a Peter Dyson-made replica, out of Rifle Shoppe parts. It cost around $8000 back in 2005 and took four years....every now and then he gets it out for a shot or two...........

Yuppers. You can buy an Indian-made replica - quite popular over here with re-enactors of the 95th as blank-firers. They STILL have to registered them as shotguns, though.

If you watch Rob Enfield of Britishmuzzleloading on Youtube, he has a new movie about the Baker rifle - his has a Bobby Hoyt barrel and a lot of finagling to make it shoot tolerably well. A fellow club-member here has a Peter Dyson-made replica, out of Rifle Shoppe parts. It cost around $8000 back in 2005 and took four years....every now and then he gets it out for a shot or two...........
That must be where the one I saw was made, India.

I think this is the one, but can't remember for sure.

If you read muzzleloading forum, as I have done over the last 20 years or so, you'll see that far from being limited to firing caps, many have been selectively tuned-up and are providing excellent service to the re-enactment groups, as well as live-firers. From my POV here in UK, not a single example of an Indian-made gun has ever failed either of the two national proof houses, London and Birmingham. Sure, the wood is not walnut and they can appear to be a mite clunky, but judicious work can make them into good, dependable and tolerable replicas of the real thing. More to the point, they are affordable.

Rob Enfield's Baker rifle started off as a $600 clunker from Royalist Arms, but with a Bobby Hoyt barrel and a bit of work on the lock, it is nigh-on indistiguishable from the real thing, and if you watch his Youtube videos, it seems to be very reliable.

To my knowledge, there are no other countries in the Middle East make similar replicas of muzzleloading firearms.

That could be fun.
Thanks for the heads up on where all of my * nickels and dimes will be going. :D
Andy
*And my neighbor's coins as well

If your school district isn't one of them year round types, you'd make a killin' this summer working the off-ramps dressed up in your frontier garb holding up a sign that reads, "VETERAN IN NEED: Please give your spare nickels and dimes for the Baker…. God bless"

Keep a spare bag though, for all the apples and oranges people will give you.

:D

If your school district isn't one of them year round types, you'd make a killin' this summer working the off-ramps dressed up in your frontier garb holding up a sign that reads, "VETERAN IN NEED: Please give your spare nickels and dimes for the Baker…. God bless"

Keep a spare bag though, for all the apples and oranges people will give you.

:D
That's an idea....Honest signage...I'm out enjoying the weather...nothing to lose but my self respect.....:D
Andy

I'll take it!

1166A515-1360-4249-BD40-735441206B3A.jpeg F52F81CC-12D5-40D5-BD18-B58B61FD28A4.jpeg EC1B3663-235D-4DD6-A5C1-20D12DCAD439.jpeg 7DF3D362-B33A-4852-8810-D1F04F761AF9.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top