JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There have been cougars around our farm in the Scholls area for as long as I have been alive. There was one seen multiple times in the last few months. It is said to be an old one. We had a large bobcat in our back field in Tigard, not to many years ago. Scholls is not that far for an old cat to range. The fact that it is being spotted says that it is probably old or sick or both.

Google main coon, it's the 2nd pic down... I just remembered it from a long time ago!

About 6mo ago I saw a cougar duck into the woods by my house, I was going to shoot it but dident have a cougar tag, so I dident go after him

For the guy that made this statement >>>>>>>380 would be fine. Back in the day when we could hunt them with dogs, a .22 was all one needed to send them to the happy hunting grounds. <<<<<<<You are a moron.....:s0155:

Completely different situation treeing a cougar and then slipping a .22 in the ear at close range.... I know where Elk will be calving in a canyon here pretty soon,Lets go see if you can kill a Cougar with a 380 or a .22...

My opinion is if you are armed with a .22 or a 380 and you encounter a big kitty FTF you just might spot....:s0114::s0112::s0114:...

I have been there too many times,They don't fight or attack FTF,You turn around and they are there...

Cougar.jpg
COugar2.jpg

Big kitty.. basically a large North American Leopard without spots.. fool with the nice kitty with a tiny pistol caliber and you get mauled, at best

Note it's paws are wider than our poster's head

For the guy that made this statement >>>>>>>380 would be fine. Back in the day when we could hunt them with dogs, a .22 was all one needed to send them to the happy hunting grounds. <<<<<<<You are a moron.....:s0155:

Completely different situation treeing a cougar and then slipping a .22 in the ear at close range.... I know where Elk will be calving in a canyon here pretty soon,Lets go see if you can kill a Cougar with a 380 or a .22...

My opinion is if you are armed with a .22 or a 380 and you encounter a big kitty FTF you just might spot....:s0114::s0112::s0114:...

I have been there too many times,They don't fight or attack FTF,You turn around and they are there...

Cougar.jpg
COugar2.jpg

Wow, they can get big up here. We had big Bobcats where I used to live and there is no way I would be armed with a .22..

I would love to try the KRISS out with 30 rounds at MY discretion and put that red dot to work since its dead on at 50-100 feet. I have faith it would drop a cat this size with 2 shots let alone 28 more. But you are right its how afraid I would be seeing this cat up close and they are not going to just stand in front of you and say go ahead and shoot.

I remember the Bobcats being sneaky..

I wonder what a tazer would do the the feline....... i think it would be funny to see it freez and tip over hahahahahaha i love animals but if a cougar or a dog was coming at me i would drop it like it was hot lol i would rather shoot a human tho.......as far as demi goes, i don't want ashton's sloppy seconds lol

That would be great to see. Downside is that it's not going to come at you from the front, left or right. They are like Ron Jeremy. They attack from behind.

Cougar.jpg
COugar2.jpg

DAMN!! SHAZAM! Hope I never run into a cat that dang big. Where did you shoot that mother????

I think my 450 Marlin would be the gun I would take hunting for cats that size.

Nice cat there sbr. I dont mean to sound stereo typical but i think many of the earlier posters need to get out in the woods a little more often, and not be such city "folk". I myself hunt very very much so :) when i cat hunt i take either my 7mm, .308, or my 300 winmag and just run lighter loads in it. When im elk hunting im running very very heavy loads in my 300 so i carry my pistol for cougar, its a 454 cassull. For one to think that you will actually see the cat and have a chance to shoot it with a 380 is ridiculous. Heres a short story for you.
I was up hunting for cougar by sisters oregon, Three creeks area actually alot of you might know. There are an over abundance of very very large cats in the area. Anyways we hiked, hiked, and hiked more that day trying to catch a print or any sign of a cougar. There was nothing that was fresh, after about 6 hours of hunting we decided hey lets go grab a beer in town n head home, so we turn back around and start our hike out of there, not but 200 feet from where we stopped there were fresh cougar prints, you might ask how i know, they were covering my footprints that i just left there 10 minutes ago...... This is often the case with cougars, we back tracked our hike and i would say for a good 2 to 3 hours that cat mustve been tracking us. I never caught eye of it but i can guarantee he was watching us. To think that there was a cougar following us and watching what we were doing without ever showing sign until it wouldve been to late. I would say the best defense for cougars or any other predator for that matter is become familiar with the area you are in, and become familiar with the animals habitat that you are in.

re : "West Linn is filled with cougars" "no gun could fend off a ravenous two legged cougar! " :s0114: :s0114: :s0114: :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:
this is better than comedy central :s0114: bets laugh ive had all weekend :s0114:

I'm sure it was just some fat house cat, we have some crazy yuppies out here.

Hey! I happen to resent that!
I live out in the area where the cat was first spotted, out by Peach Cove Road. Plenty of farms out here, and people who know which end of the gun goes bang. And as I understand it, fish and game came out here and confirmed the tracks. :)

DAMN!! SHAZAM! Hope I never run into a cat that dang big. Where did you shoot that mother????

I think my 450 Marlin would be the gun I would take hunting for cats that size.

Looks quite force-perspective or photoshopped to me. But then again maybe its all in my head because I would rather see these animals alive.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews