JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the West Linn tidings Police Log.

March 19 at 7:47 pm. A cougar or a large mountain cat was reported on the hillside behind Summerlinn Way! Yikes!

That was the report, without the "yikes" of course.

First sighting I am aware of but maybe other members have seen them before.

Think a little Kel-tec P3AT in 380 cal would stop a Cougar, or just pizzz him/her off and make them bite harder??

I wonder what a 'large mountain cat' would be, if not a cougar?

Cougars are extremely fragile animals. Not alot of bones, mostly hide and muscle. Their entire skeleton almost fits in a shoebox. This particular cat probably is about 100 lbs, so the 380 would be fine. Back in the day when we could hunt them with dogs, a .22 was all one needed to send them to the happy hunting grounds.

Got coyotes in Gladstone so why not a kitty cat in West Linn? Problem with large predators is they need their own areas to live in. More predators means they have to spread out more. Apparantly they don't like to give up territory so smaller lots in the woods ain't gonna work for them.

In the West Linn tidings Police Log.

March 19 at 7:47 pm. A cougar or a large mountain cat was reported on the hillside behind Summerlinn Way! Yikes!

That was the report, without the "yikes" of course.

First sighting I am aware of but maybe other members have seen them before.

Think a little Kel-tec P3AT in 380 cal would stop a Cougar, or just pizzz him/her off and make them bite harder??

Big cats are tougher than you can imagine.. carry some real ordinance

I wonder what a 'large mountain cat' would be, if not a cougar?

Cougars are extremely fragile animals. Not alot of bones, mostly hide and muscle. Their entire skeleton almost fits in a shoebox. This particular cat probably is about 100 lbs, so the 380 would be fine. Back in the day when we could hunt them with dogs, a .22 was all one needed to send them to the happy hunting grounds.

Any creature that can kill an adult Rottweiler is not "fragile".. I would want a 12 GA shotgun full of buck, myself

I have dispatched feral housecats with .38 specials.. often takes two or three solid hits. Imagine the relative size of those slugs vs the cat

We have a few blacktails running around here, suppose it wouldn't be out of line to have a (four legged) cougar. Seen many two legged ones, but the wife would be plenty pissed if I tried to bag one of those!

My house backs to a little creek/forest area in Gladstone (off the Willamette river) , last year I stepped out on my patio in time to see a Bobcat running thru my yard with a nutria in its jaws, then up & over a 8' fence with out missing a step. A cougar in West Linn ? I can believe it......

There was a report a ways back about a LEO who shot a cougar multiple times with a .40 cal and it still ran off. They are determined killing machines made of darn near solid muscle.

I wonder what a tazer would do the the feline....... i think it would be funny to see it freez and tip over hahahahahaha i love animals but if a cougar or a dog was coming at me i would drop it like it was hot lol i would rather shoot a human tho.......as far as demi goes, i don't want ashton's sloppy seconds lol

A 100lb Cat.. wow.. I have heard of cougars weighing around 150lbs.. They are very sneaky, intelligent, fast and strong. I hear that hunting them is quite a challenge and by the time you see a cougar it may already be on your neck. Their roar is so damn loud, it will creep you out. I had a run-in with a cougar at Bulls Gap in Southern Oregon, I was all alone and it was pouring rain at night at the campground. I cannot even explain how freaked out I was.

I don't think anyone should underestimate how dangerous they can be. Of course, with dogs, I guess it be alot easier to sense its presence and it would have a harder time sneaking up on you. Cats are a lot sneakier and better hunters than dogs though.

I would definately not hunt one of those alone with a handgun, thats if I was forced to hunt one.

coonbig.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads