JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey was wondering if anyone knows anywhere to go near Corvallis to do some shooting? Just somewhere where the wife and I can shoot some 22's. Drove outside of Philomath and just ran into Starker Forest with the signs that say no target shooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I head with my cousin a little West of Monroe. (where I grew up) it takes about 15 minutes to get there.

Ok cool I might ask a friend about Monroe, her family owns a tree farm out there. As for 3000 road is that something I can find using google maps? Ive been up to Marys Peak often but cant seem to place that road. Also are there certain areas up there that are ok or any good place with a clearing up there? Sorry still new to this whole thing.

Also would any of these places be ok to sight in a 30.06?

I've shot a couple hundred rounds of .17, .22LR, .40 & .45, .223 etc in my location. Pisses me off to no end though that some people have tossed lots of trash up there.

What tree farm?

Jose's Tree Farm out there, we are friends with one of his daughters. I looked on Google and all I could find is NFD 3010, there is NFD 30 but no 3000. Is the NFD 30 the road to check out?

If You Go out to Brownsville there are Lots of places to shoot up there... I grew up there and there are alot of places.. I try to go there quite a bit but it gets boring going by yourself and there is a place where you can shoot aleast 100 years easy

Ok cool, yeah we saw that Rd 30 is it ok to shoot anywhere up there or is it marked. Ive been out to Brownsville a couple of times but its a lil far if driving that would probably go to Springtucky instead. Thanks though lol. We can shoot at the wife's grandmas farm but thats in Brooks. We were just looking for somewhere that 15 to 20 minutes away that we could go out to randomnly.

Physics Guy thanks for the tip about the Marys Peak Area. We went and checked it out today and found about three spots to shoot. We ended up at the bigger one of the three and had fun for an hour or so. We are going to go back and sight in the wifes .06 in the near future. As we were driving back we saw a couple of guys with a rifle at one of the earlier spots. The place we went to needs to be cleaned like no other, there are shotgun shells galore along with some random brass. Might bring some of my fraternity brothers out there to clean it up and get them some community service lol.

Physics Guy thanks for the tip about the Marys Peak Area. We went and checked it out today and found about three spots to shoot. We ended up at the bigger one of the three and had fun for an hour or so. We are going to go back and sight in the wifes .06 in the near future. As we were driving back we saw a couple of guys with a rifle at one of the earlier spots. The place we went to needs to be cleaned like no other, there are shotgun shells galore along with some random brass. Might bring some of my fraternity brothers out there to clean it up and get them some community service lol.

Was the spot you went to a large gravel lot? That is the spot where I normally go, and it is extremely messy, and I was hoping to organize a local NWFA clean up at that spot and others in the area.

Was the spot you went to a large gravel lot? That is the spot where I normally go, and it is extremely messy, and I was hoping to organize a local NWFA clean up at that spot and others in the area.

I'm down for that.

Heck I'm down for a trip with anyone long as I have a little notice before going. I'd love to get out and zero in the .22 and bust out some .40 rounds maybe even the .17 if there's enough room for 150 yards.

www.mytargets.com has been a money saver.

Yep it was that big lot, just let me know when you are thinking and I can probably get a couple of people to help clean up. Just let me know whens good, I do need a lil bit of advance notice since my spring quarter is really busy.

Yep it was that big lot, just let me know when you are thinking and I can probably get a couple of people to help clean up. Just let me know whens good, I do need a lil bit of advance notice since my spring quarter is really busy.

Yeah spring break might work, we just need someone with a trailer.

I've talked to joey a couple times about having NWFA run clean ups, and the state forest managers have said that they will provide garbage bags, and free disposal of waste if we clean places up. (I would have to confirm with a local office)

Just let me know, and I can see what works. Yeah that place is pretty bad, lol be really good if they would let us use the pinscher things like they do for highway cleanups. Some of the shells were fresh but the majority have been there for awhile and by far shotgun was the most shot.

Yeah kind of like the ones they use on construction sites. I took my lil bro out there and he liked the idea of cleaning up to, we talked to one of the clubs on campus we are a part of and we are going to go out there for an hour or two and clean up then do a lil shooting for some bonding.

Also is there any more good spots besides that gravel lot? We haven't really gone any farther than that.

Also is there any more good spots besides that gravel lot? We haven't really gone any farther than that.

There are a few logging landings further down the road that make good pistol spots. Also there are some spots on the other gravel road on the way up mary's peak road (the one that starts out with the "no shooting/camping" signs, and that just covers the area by the signs fyi)

I go to a spot south of kings valley, off of hwy. 223, It's a nice spot and people seem to clean up most of their trash, except their brass, they like to leave that for me. :D If you'd like to know where it is you can send me a PM and I can give you directions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top