JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Brady group didn't miss the opportunity, either:

"Chicago Mayor Richard Daley pointed to America's "love" affair with guns as the driving factor behind last week's shooting at Fort Hood, becoming the latest and possibly most prominent figure to show a reluctance to cite religion.

"Every day in society someone's being killed. Unfortunately, America loves guns. We love guns to a point that we see the devastation on a daily basis," Daley, whose city has suffered through a rash of violence, told reporters. "You don't blame a group. You don't blame a society, immigrant community because of actions of one group, one individual -- you cannot say that."

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence issued a statement last week saying that legislative measures to increase the availability of guns should be rejected in light of the attack. "

I call on Mayor Daley to walk his talk: His permanent cadre of Chicago Police Dept. personal bodyguards are all armed, heavily. I've seen it with my own lying eyes. Mr. Mayor, why do they need guns?

And this thread is pertinent to the politics or legalities of our firearms rights....how?

But, as usual, let me quote: "This is not my forum and I recognize that there may be a certain unevenness in the application of the rules at times."

I will, however....

:complain:

And this thread is pertinent to the politics or legalities of our firearms rights....how?

But, as usual, let me quote: "This is not my forum and I recognize that there may be a certain unevenness in the application of the rules at times."

I will, however....

:complain:

I can see this being related in that it is helping to show who in politics are against the 2nd amendment. hopefully showing who people should vote for.

About a month ago in Chicago an innocent teenager was beaten to death outside of his high school by teen street-gangsters...........armed with two-by-fours. Where was Mayor Daley's penetrating insight on the subject of that commonly chosen weapon, and America's fascination with wood?...........................elsullo :cool:

Illinois is the "Lincoln State" after all. It has a reputation to uphold to.

(No offense to Chicago residents. I happen to like people in Chicago.)

The Brady group didn't miss the opportunity, either:

"Chicago Mayor Richard Daley pointed to America's "love" affair with guns as the driving factor behind last week's shooting at Fort Hood, becoming the latest and possibly most prominent figure to show a reluctance to cite religion.

"Every day in society someone's being killed. Unfortunately, America loves guns. We love guns to a point that we see the devastation on a daily basis," Daley, whose city has suffered through a rash of violence, told reporters. "You don't blame a group. You don't blame a society, immigrant community because of actions of one group, one individual -- you cannot say that."

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence issued a statement last week saying that legislative measures to increase the availability of guns should be rejected in light of the attack. "

I call on Mayor Daley to walk his talk: His permanent cadre of Chicago Police Dept. personal bodyguards are all armed, heavily. I've seen it with my own lying eyes. Mr. Mayor, why do they need guns?

It's not just his own bodyguards. For those that don't spend much time in Chicago it is worth noting that armed security guards are *everywhere*. On my last visit every bank I saw in downtown had one posted at their door and a lot of offices and other establishments have them as well. And the citizens have them too. CCW is at least as common there as it is in Seattle, even if it is illegal. This is an issue where Daley is very out of touch with his constituents.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top