JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may not be the correct way of asking, since I started a posting the other day about 9mm at Bi-Mart on Farmington....but here it goes.

So on Friday I was at Bi-Mart on Farmington and asked if they had any 9mm.

The lady behind the counter said they had a selection. Since I only wanted this purchase to use at my upcoming DH1 class I went with the cheapest. Remington UMC 9mm 115gr FMJ.

When I opened the boxes at home to put into a tupperware container (instructions from the DH1 class), I found a number of brass casings with corrosion and scratches....looked like someone took 220 grit sandpaper to them. Now I saw her open the larger cardboard box that had these boxes of 50.

Is this something new...that I've never heard about or is this fairly standard with Remington ammo????

I plan on using it Oct 17th at the upcoming class....do I need to be concerned or shoot away????

from what I have seen from my boxs I would have taken that one back.. the last Mega pack I got they were all perfect from the factory, (no marks once so every or discoloration). they should be fine to shoot, but in my oppion be causiouse!

Had the box already been open that you could tell?
Did the box look as if it had gotten wet in anyway?

The big box they open was opened right in front of me. There wasn't any water damage to the cardboard box nor to the individual 50 rd boxes inside.

It looks like a POOR manufacturing process and the Q&A didn't catch the cartridges.

Thanks for the warning....I'll be careful

I've shot a lot of ammo with some corrosion, rifle and pistol, (after dry-cleaning it) without any problems. However, I have never reloaded brass that showed significant etching from the corrosion such I've had happen when brass shells are left in a leather holder for long periods. Just didn't want to chance it. I recently had two casing failures, blow-outs, in as many minutes, 9mm in a Glock, from what I thought was factory new ammo. On closer inspection reading the fine print on the box, they were "factory" reloads purchased years ago from Larry's Sporting Goods before they went out of business. Their House Brand, cheap, and now I know why. Mixed brass, probably had been reloaded more than once, and I guess resizing caused fatigue in the brass near the rim that failed, blowing the side of the case out and jamming my Glock. Fortunately no damage to the Glock and no damage to me, except for a little burning of the top of my gun-hand. Taught me a valuable lesson; needless to say I quickly threw the rest of several boxes away.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews