JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen some gross sh#t. But the day a nervous ground control student in my control tower dropped and spilled a 20oz Mountain Dew bottle of wintergreen smelling warm tobacco saliva on the floor, half a dozen people almost vomited. So I made him scrub the carpet and then kicked him out.

Im sold right there. If I could just rat-hole that money so the wife doesnt find it....

@ No_Regrets: you tell that Lady of yours, that What You are DOING, is for You to be with her longer!!!! And maybe hint of a Second Honeymoon someplace Nice.... Of course, also tell her that you will be rewarding Yourself, for Manning Up, with a new device with a Bang a Switch!

You did say she likes the shooting Sports ????

philip

You are the only one you should quit for, you can fool people that you quit but not yourself.
Man up and just do it cold turkey without the crutches.

I had a 2 pack a day habit, quit many times over 45 years but with a scare of COPD (spelling) I said eff it and quit cold turkey.
While it pi$$es me off that state GOV can impose high taxes (sin taxes) on things I'm glad I quit but I hate the weight gain!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and your family will love you for it too.:)
I started smoking:s0033: when I was 10 yrs old,:s0050: and started smoking Clove cigarettes from Indonesia on and off till about 3 years ago when I finally quit. I quit for me and my wife:s0116: because she quit first and she helped me out as well. My wife's Mother died at 55 from Lung Cancer due to Smoking. :s0099:Out of principal, I am not going to pay hundreds of dollars a month for something that is going to kill me ! :s0002: :s0039:

I've seen some gross sh#t.
Me too - a LONG time ago in a friend and I were in local dive in Redmond (the Tumble Inn Tavern I believe) and I walked into the bathroom to be nearly sickened by the smell of vomit and an old man mopping the floor to which he looked at me with a twisted grin and said (almost unintelligibly and with tobacco spittle running down his chin) "Ah swallerd muh snoose an' puked'

My best friend died of colon cancer at the young age of 64.
He started bleeding out of his you know where, and when he was told by his doctor to get a colonoscopy to check it out, he told the doctor,"No man is looking up my azz."
I told him to get a woman doctor if he was that homophobic.

Two years later he died a horrible death and it wasn't for the lack of money, as he was very well off financially.
Six months before he died, he ran around telling everyone to get their colon checked for cancer and not make the same stupid mistake that he made.

^^^ my colonoscopy???? I was so sedated, I did not care who was doing the Camera work, or where the photograph was sent to!!!!!

And as much as you MUST go THROUGH, Pre-'Scope work, it is so much worth it, for the Detection it Provides.

On the other side of life: my Brother in Christ, (my deceased wife's Brother) has been fighting Cancer for over Six years, lost a Kidney, Bladder Cancer surgery every Two Months, he just had a colonoscopy and now has yet, a new kind of Cancer....

He has informed all of us, that he is Ready to be with the Lord... And has refused All Cancer treatments save for Pain Control and said he is "comfortable with his decision"

I talk to him at least Four times a week now....

Point of statement... Choice.

This man (64 YO) has never done tobacco... Or abused Alcohol, etc. He does not know if he has Six Months, Six Weeks or Six Years... To Live....

He only wants his Natural Time, and has already gone through more than any two people would want to go through....

Sorry if this sounds ~Off Topic~ But we all need face this Issue at some point in time....

Adding addictive Stuff just creates a negative Scenario...

philip, Out.

i must not get addicted to nicotine. i used to smoke and used to chew 1/2 can a day. full can if it was a bad day or hunting season. quit cold turkey 5 years ago and never looked back.

@ No_Regrets: you tell that Lady of yours, that What You are DOING, is for You to be with her longer!!!! And maybe hint of a Second Honeymoon someplace Nice.... Of course, also tell her that you will be rewarding Yourself, for Manning Up, with a new device with a Bang a Switch!

You did say she likes the shooting Sports ????

philip

Thats what sucks, she doesnt known chew! I chew at work and when I hunt and fish. Im pretty good at hiding it.

7.00 a can x 365 = 2555 dollars a year
That's some nice money for the firearm fund :D

Ammo.... More.... Ammo!

I never did pick up smoking or chewing, and not for a lack of trying when I was younger. It just didn't do anything for me, it tasted and smelled like crap. I liken chew to picking up some cow/horse-sheite and putting that in your mouth. o_O

@ Stomp Man!!!!

Reminded me of 1968, Basic Training... I never even Knew about Cope, or chew...

Drill Sargent saw one of the guys from Idaho with a lip full, asked what was in his mouth.

(swallow) Nuthin' Drill Sargent... And that went on throughout the Eight Weeks of Training, durn "IdE_Ho Spud" always thought he could get away with it....

I asked him once, what his girlfriend thought of "it", the answer floored me: "Nuthin, she chews too...."

Now talking about swapping Spit..... :confused:

philip

Have heart failure and get a new full rebuild and you will never want to touch tobacco again. I smoked for 54 yrs and quit cold turkey with not one craving and without help, so just go have a heart attack and wa-la cured :D

I dunno guys, as far as I'm concerned there's nothin' sexier than a hard working gal with a bit of snoose running down her chin.

[QUOTE="It just didn't do anything for me, it tasted and smelled like crap. I liken chew to picking up some cow/horse-sheite and putting that in your mouth. o_O[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that horse sheit tastes pretty good when it's a nice fat pinch of moist snuff ........from a fresh can......first thing in the morning.....with a steaming hot cup of fresh black coffee......

I wish I knew how to quit you!
It's kinda like The Cat in The Hat stain action.. it sounds like you gotta go to Denmark.

th?&id=JN.f%2b8MQNAo9ZRCDTfTdHQBYA&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads